X

1988 Katana 1100 Issues

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1988 Katana 1100 Issues

I purchased a 1988 Kat 1100 from a friend of a friend. The guy I bought it from (Ed) was holding the bike and selling it for his friend (Tank) who I have never met. I trusted Ed because my friend trusted him. I trusted Tank because he is a police officer and Ed trusted him. Long story short I gave Ed $600 for a non running bike and he promised me that Tank would give me the title. Fast forward 1 year and I have put $700 in to the bike. Got it running. Still needs fork seals, tires, a new chain, and carbs but it does run. Problem... Can't ride it with no plates. Can't get plates without a title. I have tried selling it with no title as a parts bike but can't get $600 for it. Tried to get a title but the state of Missouri won't give me one. They say I can apply for an abandoned property title and if the previous owner doesn't come forward with a title in 30 days the bike is mine. If the previous owner produces a title and demands the bike I am out $1300.00. Suggestions...?
    Aaron

1988 GSX1100F Katana
    2001 NBM Pontiac Trans Am

With a bike that old, you should be able to get tags on a bill-of-sale. In a lot of states that would be all you need for something that old. If that doesn't get then you prolley need to "lean" on your "associates" a little more "passionately" for the paperwork.

my .02

Andre'
    The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

You might want to post this in a more general section...this really isn't an 1100 issue, this is a paperwork issue.
      You'll get more responses.
      93 1100....big kitty!

Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it...

Comment

See if you can get a bonded title.Ive done it twice in Iowa.Cost 100.00 each time.I actually prefer to buy a bike without the title now.Much much cheaper he he.

Comment

Find a frame with a title.Switch the parts over.

Comment

Working...
          X