No announcement yet.
X

K&N Air Filter...do I need jets

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The diafragms on the big Kat carb slides are a bit suspect, so check them for leaks if u encounter fueling problems

Comment

1100 kat

im running open carbs will it make the bike run rich?

Comment

Originally posted by dalthen View Post
        im running open carbs will it make the bike run rich?
        If your bike is dialed in to run without any filter and you put on K&N seperates, I would guess that it might run slightly richer and but not terribly so. K&N filters really do let in a lot of air.
        If you add in an air box, then that is a different story.

Comment

I am also thinking about doing this. I had put a new exhaust on and the bike is being jetted this week. The tech wants to put k& n's on. Why do you say they are bad?

Comment

Originally posted by Jayve78 View Post
            I am also thinking about doing this. I had put a new exhaust on and the bike is being jetted this week. The tech wants to put k& n's on. Why do you say they are bad?
            They flow way more air than the Katana's weak cams allow the engine to take in. Not sure if the 1100 engine is different.
            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
            Originally posted by soulless kaos
            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Do a search, the answer is there. I have used dyno jet, factory pro jet
              Kits with stock,uni and Kn in box filter,
              Best combo is factory pro plus stock filter.Before sacrificing
              Low end power and drivability, keep in mind that the bike is tuned for that, one of
              The reasons why it has 34 mm carbs

Comment

Working...
              X