Jet kit question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jet kit question

Hello,

I've recently purchased a stage 3 jet kit from factory pro for my 93 1100 Kat. From what I've gathered by checking the service manual, and the haynes guide, the carb on my Kat is a BST34SS, I'm assuming stock, but could be wrong.
    I got the kit because I already have a 4-1 V&H on the bike, and recently acquired 4 K&N ovals which I'd really like to try out.

Here's my question:
    The original main jets are 112.5 for carbs 1 & 4, whereas the mains for carbs 2 & 3 are 110.
    Factorypro instructions say to put the 130's that came with the kit in all the carbs.
    Would this be a problem equalizing all 4 mains when they weren't in stock setting?

Factorypro also included 2 other sets of mains besides the 130's as well.

As a sidenote, although my bike isn't a "zooty". It seems there's some question as to if the kit will actually work with this carb. It's steel capped, not plastic. I've heard that BST34SS carbs and this kit may not be a good fit?
    Any thoughts?

Originally posted by mak68 View Post
    Hello,

I've recently purchased a stage 3 jet kit from factory pro for my 93 1100 Kat. From what I've gathered by checking the service manual, and the haynes guide, the carb on my Kat is a BST34SS, I'm assuming stock, but could be wrong.
    I got the kit because I already have a 4-1 V&H on the bike, and recently acquired 4 K&N ovals which I'd really like to try out.

Here's my question:
    The original main jets are 112.5 for carbs 1 & 4, whereas the mains for carbs 2 & 3 are 110.
    Factorypro instructions say to put the 130's that came with the kit in all the carbs.
    Would this be a problem equalizing all 4 mains when they weren't in stock setting?

Factorypro also included 2 other sets of mains besides the 130's as well.

As a sidenote, although my bike isn't a "zooty". It seems there's some question as to if the kit will actually work with this carb. It's steel capped, not plastic. I've heard that BST34SS carbs and this kit may not be a good fit?
    Any thoughts?
    It will work... tuneing it might be a challenge, but doable. Much easier if you use a dyno and gas analyzer for the tuneing.

The K&N pods will be harder to tune for than the jetkit. Consider using some kind of velocity stacks with those instaed of putting them directly on the carbs. This will make things much much easier to tune for you at all rpms.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Thanks for the heads up Kreylyn.
      I'll attempt the jetting with the pods first. If I'm consuming too much aspirins during the process, I'll definitely look into the velocity stacks.

Comment

Well, I was preparing to install the jet kit.
        Did a carb cleaning first and noticed that the plastic retaining disk that holds down the diaphragm on top of carb #1 was loosey goosey, not secure at all.
        A closer look revealed that this piece was epoxied on, and on it's way to falling off, it was wiggling around quite a bit.

I know there's a site I can order another slide/diaphragm assembly for around $85.00, which is fine and dandy.
        But it got me to wondering, what other rack of carbs will work well with the 1100?
        Last edited by mak68; 06-17-2010, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X