X

International travel

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• International travel

So I am kinda looking at taking the Kat over to Ireland for a while. Does anybody know what I need to do to be able to drive over there legally?

Originally posted by SuzukiJoeDirt View Post
    So I am kinda looking at taking the Kat over to Ireland for a while. Does anybody know what I need to do to be able to drive over there legally?
    Driving in Ireland

American citizens are permitted to drive with a U.S. driver's license for the duration of a visit to Ireland; i.e., as long as their status is that of tourist and not resident. Once you decide to become resident in Ireland, regardless of how long you have been in the country, you must apply for an Irish driver's license. To apply for an Irish driver's license, contact the Motor Taxation Office, Block B, Blackhall Walk, Queen Street, Dublin 7, telephone (01) 222-2222, or the Motor Taxation Office, Nutgrove Shopping Centre, Nutgrove, Dublin 14, tel. (01) 222-8000.

Same thing for riding also you need to make sure your insurance covers you over there or you can just call the number above with all your questions. I hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamic View Post
      Driving in Ireland

American citizens are permitted to drive with a U.S. driver's license for the duration of a visit to Ireland; i.e., as long as their status is that of tourist and not resident. Once you decide to become resident in Ireland, regardless of how long you have been in the country, you must apply for an Irish driver's license. To apply for an Irish driver's license, contact the Motor Taxation Office, Block B, Blackhall Walk, Queen Street, Dublin 7, telephone (01) 222-2222, or the Motor Taxation Office, Nutgrove Shopping Centre, Nutgrove, Dublin 14, tel. (01) 222-8000.

Same thing for riding also you need to make sure your insurance covers you over there or you can just call the number above with all your questions. I hope this helps.

Thank you very much that took alot of worry out of the trip for me

Comment

yeah your not gonna want to know how much it's gonna cost to have your bike shipped there...

if it costs $500-1000 for cross county what do you think it will be for across an ocean?

I'd look into rentals there....might be a lot cheaper.

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by whitecl0ver View Post
          yeah your not gonna want to know how much it's gonna cost to have your bike shipped there...

if it costs $500-1000 for cross county what do you think it will be for across an ocean?

I'd look into rentals there....might be a lot cheaper.
          That is a good idea my amigo. Thank you for the advice I didn't think of that plus then I don't have to worry about insurance

Comment

Maybe just rent a bike? Depending on how long your staying over there.

Comment

Working...
            X