X

who has an 1100?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who has an 1100?

I was wondering why there are so few 1100 out there? trying to find used parts is very hard.lol I am a poor boy and thats why I'm trying to find good used parts. There are tons of parts for 600 and 750 on ebay and craigslist but not to many 1100.
    I was wondering also, I have a 92 1100, what is the top speed and how miles to a gallon should I get. If everything was stock. thanks.
    Attached Files

Magzine test said 161mph 1/4 ml time was 10.55secs. I get about 45-50 mpg.I bought one of the last year models into the States back in 1993 and still have it with 32,000 mls on it.
    Last edited by albion2; 08-15-2009, 09:28 PM. Reason: forgot some words

Comment

I am 6'6 and about 275 lbs and I've had mine up to an ind. 150ish and that number was when I was stock. I've not gone down the track with her but 10.5-10.7 seems to be what the mags are saying.
      The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

My friend and I just (in the last month) bought 2 1100's (a '90 & '93) with all plastics good and only minor scratches . The '90 I bought actually has full factory hard luggage (it's ugly trust me) . Some idiot owned the '93 and didn't jet it right (being fixed in my garage now) . Seriously who buys a Vance & Hines exhaust and then cuts it down ??? So I pretty much figure anyone who cuts a can in half is an idiot . We found both bikes in Pennsylvania near New York .
        Scotty Doesn't Know ...Scotty Doesn't Know.. Don't Tell Scotty

Comment

how ugly are the hard bags? you want to sell them?

Comment

I don't want to part with them because the "rack pack" also gave me new rear turning signals . i'll post the pic . .. you'll see what i mean .. or maybe not
            Last edited by rikeran; 08-24-2009, 07:41 PM.

Comment

i have one and there is one for sale locally for $2,700.

Comment

If you need parts, send Mojoe a PM he has afew 1100's
                R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Dude, I know what you mean about cutting the cans. I got ahold of one where they cut the pipes half way up. No cans to be seen.... WTF were they thinking???
                  Three rules to live by: 1) Drive safe, the life you save could be mine. 2) Where ever you go, there you are. and C) Never, I repeat, Never drive faster than the car directly in front of you....

Comment

lol those suckers are ugly.lol

Comment

Just acquired a 90' 1100 and no mountain states salvage yards seem to have parts. Fortunately mine is near complete and excellent condition.

Comment

told you the bags were ugly .... but really work well . they are huge , and they come right off and just leave a frame so it's not that bad.

Comment

Kind of puts you in the mind of the older Concourses. That's a good looking bike
                          The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

I own a 90 1100fl .Its in rough condition, I plan on fixing her up as a project.
                            But she still goes like rocket and gets my adrenalin going.
                            And I to my motorcycle parked like the soul of the junkyard. Restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off. Up Highway 106 continually drunk on the wind in my mouth. Wringing the handlebar for speed, wild to be wreckage forever.

- James Dickey, Cherrylog Road.

Comment

Working...
                            X