No announcement yet.
X

Clutch won't disengage

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 92 1100 does this same thing. I only purchased it a month ago and is usual for me, it got all new fluids. So the system has been thoroughly bled. I pulled the clutch apart and it all looked good inside so I just figured to accept this as a "trait" of the bike. The easy fix for me was to turn the idle up just a bit. The "drag" goes away with a raise in idle RPM so a bump to 1500-1800 fixed it all up.
    92 1100 Kat

Comment

I will need to readjust my idle anyhow so I will keep that in mind. My steel plates are burnt and warped so I will still replace those. Thank you though

Originally posted by Arstine View Post
      My 92 1100 does this same thing. I only purchased it a month ago and is usual for me, it got all new fluids. So the system has been thoroughly bled. I pulled the clutch apart and it all looked good inside so I just figured to accept this as a "trait" of the bike. The easy fix for me was to turn the idle up just a bit. The "drag" goes away with a raise in idle RPM so a bump to 1500-1800 fixed it all up.

Comment

It may or may not apply to you but i was having the same issue. I solved it by pumping the clutch several times before starting the bike. Since it is a wet clutch the plates can stick together if there is excess oil on them. Let me know if this helps at all.

Comment

change the plates and fibers

Comment

Originally posted by hockeygod1225 View Post
            It may or may not apply to you but i was having the same issue. I solved it by pumping the clutch several times before starting the bike. Since it is a wet clutch the plates can stick together if there is excess oil on them. Let me know if this helps at all.

I think I know what you mean. I haven't had the issue since I have replaced the clutch but I notice the plates sticking if I leave the bike in gear then leave it there for a while after its off. Once the bike moves again though it's out of it.

Comment

I am having a similar issue on my 1988 GSX1100. Mine hangs badly when I first start it and it is impossible to get it in neutral. Once the engine is warmed up and I have ridden 5-10 miles it all works out. The clutch releases and it is easy to get into neutral.
              Aaron

1988 GSX1100F Katana
              2001 NBM Pontiac Trans Am

Comment

Working...
              X