Big Cat new suit!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Cat new suit!

Hi everyone,
    My name is Cole and I am new to the site. I introduced myself on the main forum, but not here in the 1100 section. I just painted my 1100 yesterday and wanted to give you a chance to see it. I still have alot of cleaning up/ putting together to do, but I am ready to ride!

The paint is Dupont Chroma Premier, and the color is "Fire Mist Red Metallic". This is a stunning color in the sunlight as it contains alot of metallic and pearl. I wish the pics would capture the true color, but it really looks great. Not much to say just showing it incase anyone was contemplating painting their bike a candy-type red (it looks like a true candy with tranluscence and depth). Hope you like it, and looking forward to meeting some of you in the future. Cole

And here is a closeup of the metallic and pearl (the best the camera would capture). It still doesn't do the color justice, it is actually a darker deeper red with lots of dancing in the sunlight. Also, the drilled holes are for the ZX6 mirrors I am using. Way better view, no elbow view... and they look much better. I will show pics when I put them on later today.

Last edited by coletrain777; 03-18-2009, 09:45 AM.

That's a good lookin kat man! Any chance of posting an larger picts?!?!
    -Marty (Red)

sigpic

BANGERANG RUFIO!

Comment

looks good. i like the color!

Comment

That is some awesome paint! Pics don't do it justice I bet.
        Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
        Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Nice paint job man! It turned out great!
          Roops Photography|facebook|
          03 GSXR 1000
          04 Honda Aquatrax Jetski
          Past: 92 Yamaha Seca II -> 04 Kat 600 -> 92 Kat w/gsxr 750 swap -> 01 GSXR 750 -> 03 GSXR 1000

Comment

Beautiful color! Your bike looks great!

Comment

Here's a few pics of the mirrors so you can see them. I just had them laying around in the shop (came with some bike???) and they work and look way better than stock. I just went for a 50 mile ride and they are awesome with no vibration.

Comment

....and enough paint left over to paint the garden tractor!

Looks good!
                93 1100....big kitty!

Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it...

Comment

Originally posted by coletrain777 View Post
                  Here's a few pics of the mirrors so you can see them. I just had them laying around in the shop (came with some bike???) and they work and look way better than stock. I just went for a 50 mile ride and they are awesome with no vibration.

Looks great! (better in cloudy weather than in the sunny pictures) - I'm interested in those mirrors, what bike? Anyone know? - I "hate" the stock mirrors

(btw - black is the fastest color )

Comment

I hear ya on the black, it's great to paint as well. But I will also say, as someone who buys and sells several bikes a year... this color will SELL and FAST (that is if I decide to sell)! Now I get to start cleaning and polishing all the parts that look dingy .

The mirrors I believe are off of an 05-06 zx6 zx6 (not positive though). They are a toyo mirror and when I googled the part number there was a guy who said he needed the same exact mirror for his 05-06 zx6. I am going to paint them body color this week along with the turn signals and a few other pieces.

Comment

Working...
                    X