X

Centerstand help/pics?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Centerstand help/pics?

I got a centerstand for my 92 1100 a while back, and since it was nice today, I went to put it on, only to discover it didn't come with springs.

I got some springs from the local cycle shop that look right, and I got the stand on the bike, but I can't for the life of me figure out where the springs are supposed to connect.

Can anybody show me a pic of theirs or try and explain to me where the end of the spring not connected to the centerstand is supposed to be?

Thanks!
    Nick www.naskie18.com Googletalk: naskie18 AIM: naskie18

Do you have the "c" hook thingy?

Comment

Originally posted by katanafreak93 View Post
      Do you have the "c" hook thingy?
      I don't see any "c" hook thingy.

Here's a pic of what I do have:

Another thing I think that's odd is that if I push the stand up all the way, it is touching the chain.

Am I missing pieces besides the springs?

Comment

Looks like your spring isn't hooked up correctly. Here's my 2000 Kat. Should be similar in spring-placement

This is from the same angle as your pic. I'm not sure if you have a rubber stopper on your exhaust like I do, though. That piece helps keep the center stand from going too far upward.

Comment

Originally posted by alien View Post
          Looks like your spring isn't hooked up correctly. Here's my 2000 Kat. Should be similar in spring-placement

This is from the same angle as your pic. I'm not sure if you have a rubber stopper on your exhaust like I do, though. That piece helps keep the center stand from going too far upward.
          That spring in the background isn't my spring for the centerstand, that's for the screwey exhaust that the owner before me put on, right now I don't have any springs on the centerstand.

Thanks for the pic of yours, that helps, This morning when I looked at it, I thought that might be where it went, but the springs that I got are entirely too small to reach that, I think, and they look much tinier than the one you posted, so I guess I'll probably have to order them from suzuki.

Thanks for the help!

Comment

Originally posted by naskie18 View Post
            I don't see any "c" hook thingy.

Here's a pic of what I do have:

Another thing I think that's odd is that if I push the stand up all the way, it is touching the chain.

Am I missing pieces besides the springs?
            You have an after market exhaust that needs a stopper. The original exhaust stopped the center stand from coming up to far. Right now the stand will hit the chain on evey bump when you get the springs, this will also cause the springs to fall off as they become loose as they go upwards.

My advice leave it off and get a rear swing arm stand.
            1988 Katana 1100 (sold)
            2004 Hayabusa

Comment

I'd say get a pair of #5's, and a pair of #7's.
              93 1100....big kitty!

Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it...

Comment

Originally posted by naskie18 View Post
                That spring in the background isn't my spring for the centerstand, that's for the screwey exhaust that the owner before me put on, right now I don't have any springs on the centerstand.

Thanks for the pic of yours, that helps, This morning when I looked at it, I thought that might be where it went, but the springs that I got are entirely too small to reach that, I think, and they look much tinier than the one you posted, so I guess I'll probably have to order them from suzuki.

Thanks for the help!
                You're welcome. Hope you get that sorted out soon.

Comment

I'm not sure if you'll have any luck ordering the parts for the centerstand. I was under the impression that they had been discontinued for several years.
                  -Steve

sigpic
                  Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                  Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Maybe this will help. All pic's of the "C" hook thingy. Click the pic. I bought all of these parts from another member here. I had no clue either. Your center stand, when in the up position, should rest against a rubber stopper on your exhaust pipe. Although I have a Yoshi, there is a spot for the stopper. The 1100's may not have come with the "C" hook. That micro fiche shows you have a spring on each side of the stand.
                    Last edited by Kfreak; 05-05-2010, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Looking at the parts fiche, you are correct no "C" bracket on the 1100. The Bandit is right here, and it has a similar attachment point... the spring goes right up to the "post."

I'm not artist, but I think this is how it should work

-Steve

sigpic
                      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Then all he needs are the 2 springs and the stopper.

Comment

Thanks for the help guys, I ordered the right springs from a dealer today and should have 'em by the end of the week...gives me some time to figure out how I'm going to mount a stopper since I got this stupid arse exhaust on at the moment

Comment

Working...
                          X