X

Is this a deal?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a deal?

Had a '92 Kat 750 in '94. Sold it . Have had several bike since then, even a '85 GS1150 that I brought back from the dead. Well I am bikeless now. I sold a '07 SV650s. Too sporty for my commute and my 44 yr old body! What do you guys think about a '90 1100 for $2800. Has 4K miles on it. New owner just had carbs cleaned, new battery and plugs and tires. This bike had to have sat for a long period of time. The only thing it needs is the drivers side mirror has the end broken off.
    Attached Files

Must of been sitting for a long time with only 4k miles on it not sure if I would pay 2,800 for it?

Comment

Looks nice...Considering the miles and year, I'd say go for it. Maybe between $2200-$2500 offer though. Gonna need a few $ to check it over and make it "right".
      Otherwise, yeah, love to find sumptin like it myself.
      It would't be any fun if it was easy! BUT, it does have to be this much fun!!

Comment

I got an 89' 1100 i'd part with for $1800 runs great all kinda performance mods very reliable as well ....Im only selling because I want something more sporty
        1992 kawa Zx-7 -750cc
        2003 fairings,1995 gas tank,polished frame,muzzy titanium exhaust,Unknown jet kit,520 chain conversion,polished forks,race tail,fcr flatside carbs...
        sigpic1989 katana 1100F,v&H exhaust,FP jet kit,FP advancer,avon venom tires,polished swingarm,NRC covers ,big bore kit,manual cam chain tensioner,k&n filters .
        Burn rubber, not your soul. Ride among us.
        A.S.E. master certified auto tech

Comment

Ok, I am going to say to not pay that much for it. I'd offer up maybe $2000.
          Look, we are in a horrible recession and people are pitching all their toys to get cash. People are not buying stuff and this will result in deflation- everything is going to start to cost less and everything will also start to be worth less.
          You will see all kinds of bikes selling for great prices. You'd be shocked what people would sell a near new 'busa for when they are unemployed and the wolves are at the door.
          Just food for thought...

Comment

I'd be skeptical about the miles, really skeptical, but that's me. I agree with what everyone is saying - try to drop the price a bit. If you really love it though, don't let it go. Good luck.

Comment

Y'all are correct

I got too excited when I saw how clean it looked. It is an 18 year old bike. Seller says he is firm on the price. I think I will wait and see if he goes lower. He has already come down $600 from his first ad.

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by gtobill View Post
                I got too excited when I saw how clean it looked. It is an 18 year old bike. Seller says he is firm on the price. I think I will wait and see if he goes lower. He has already come down $600 from his first ad.

Bill
                It is almost winter, every day, thousands are getting laid off, tax season is around the corner, 10% of all mortgage homes are behind in payments...
                Yeah, the price will drop- there is no worse time sell a bike than now, no better time to buy one than now

Comment

On a bike that sat that long, I would deffinately take a look in the fuek tank for rust/crud.
                  If it was, in fact parked out of the sun and doesn't have any "bad gas" issues(Starts readily when cold, idles smoothly, etc.), it would be a lot of bike for the money.
                  If you want that much bike.

Wear on the rubber foot peg pads can give a little indicator of mileage. That low a miles and I wouldn't expect to see any.
                  Last edited by motomech; 12-08-2008, 03:40 PM.
                  Motomech

Comment

clean i have a 1990 1100 f that i traded my quad for i need to replace the shift cam and a shift fork other than that its good!

Comment

$2000 tops in my book.

Comment

Working...
                      X