X

1100 tail swap

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1100 tail swap

I just 3 weeks ago purchased a 93 1100 with 35K miles. Bike seems to be running perfect but has some cosmetic damage from being dropped. I was wondering if there are any pics out there of tail swaps on our 1100's? I'm not a big fan of it now and mine needs paint and some work. Would like to raise the tail piece of the frame and put on a ZX-10 or something similiar. I would like to get some advice from anyone who has done any tail mods at all.

I'm also in need of the two front lower fairing pieces, if anyone has any they want to sell please let me know. Thanks
    93 Katana 1100
    96 BMW K1100RS

Mojoe said recently he had 1100 bodywork. If neither he nor anyone else has the parts you need, PM me, I am considering making body panels for 1100's (BUT NOT COWLS, FOR THE SPIES AMONG US! )
    "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

ive done tail swaps on both my pre750 and my pre600 (1216) my 750 has a '02 sv1000 tail and my beast has a '01 gsxr fiberglass race tail and subframe. its pretty easy, if you got some fab knowlege. its alot easier to get the subframe from the doner tail...save alot of alignment issues. i didnt use the sv subframe and ended up using the kat frame, bolted up pretty good (even using the 750 seat latch as a base) but the rear seat sits up about 1/2" above the tail. my 600 i cut the kat frame off, made some brackets, welded them on to the kat and then bolted the gsxr1k sub on to the bike <---if going this route, make sure the bike is level, tack your setup up first, test fit tail, disassemble then weld in place. tack both side of your bracketree cause they will pull once welding is started on the one side......any ways if you need some help pm me me and i can get more indepth.....otherwise, waltri is another good person to ask about tail swaps

Comment

Great to know some of the possibilities! Thanks for the replies. I will definitely add some pics when I start the project.
        93 Katana 1100
        96 BMW K1100RS

Comment

Working...
        X