Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Who has single pods fitted on his\hers kat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who has single pods fitted on his\hers kat?

...just curious if anyone is usually riding around with this set up...
    ???
    Thanx
    Biker chicks know how to ride.....

i'm running with k+n dual pods off a bandit (made adaptor rings to take up the slack), 144 mains but still need to lift the needles as it stutters on a flat throttle at 70 - 80 mph, idles fine and pulls like crazy ....

but my engine is in an old gsxr750 frame and i've the gsxr1100m 4 into 2 down pipes with after market link pipes and home made stumpy cans ....

all my bikes weight is in the engine, weighs not much more than a big dirt bike
    it ain't broke ....

i ain't fixed it enough

Comment

Originally posted by NiteMare View Post
      i'm running with k+n dual pods off a bandit (made adaptor rings to take up the slack), 144 mains but still need to lift the needles as it stutters on a flat throttle at 70 - 80 mph, idles fine and pulls like crazy ....

but my engine is in an old gsxr750 frame and i've the gsxr1100m 4 into 2 down pipes with after market link pipes and home made stumpy cans ....

all my bikes weight is in the engine, weighs not much more than a big dirt bike
      Hi Nitemare
      ...that "special" of yours still has the heart of the Kat ..nothing else it seems
      I like it though ..must be a lot of fun in the right hands
      and eventually the 4 into 2 needs different jetting than a 4 in 1 right?
      What did you make the adapter rings out of?
      Cheers
      Biker chicks know how to ride.....

Comment

Originally posted by Paolo View Post
        Hi Nitemare
        ...that "special" of yours still has the heart of the Kat ..nothing else it seems
        I like it though ..must be a lot of fun in the right hands
        and eventually the 4 into 2 needs different jetting than a 4 in 1 right?
        What did you make the adapter rings out of?
        Cheers
        it sure is fun, i grow horns and a tail every time i go out on it

i'm not sure if it would need different jetting, it may do but that would give you a starting point (maybe 135 mains would suit the 4 into 1 better)...

i made the adaptor rings out of plastic tubing as found in factories for carrying low risk chemicals/water around, 5mm wall 50mm bore, i cut sections on my woodwork chop saw 15 - 20mm long (not sure of exact measurement now) then split them carefully with a hacksaw and took about 3mm out of the circumference (filed to fine tune the gap)...

i then used the original gsx1100f airbox clamps to hold those on the carbs then slipped the K+N's onto the exposed adaptors and clamped them down, they fit nice and snug and securely, i've probably done 1000 - 1500 miles without having to check them
        it ain't broke ....

i ain't fixed it enough

Comment

I'm running them, no problems to speak of, I think it idles a bit rough when but that could be from my carbs being dirty or out of sync

Comment

Working...
          X