X

Shinko Dunlop Elite 3's

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shinko Dunlop Elite 3's

Time for new runbber, actuall way PAST time for new rubber. I did a search on "Shinko" and got all kinds of different results, but I could not find anything directly related to the big Kat and the Shinko. Also I read in a thread somewhere that Shinko was Yokohma, or did I imagine that?

So advise and opinions are welcome I'm looking at doing 120/80/16 and 160/80/16.
    1990 Big Kat 1100 "AKA" The Dirty Rocket

Shinko 003 Stealth's are the old Yokohama shootout tire. Street legal drag tires, pretty much. I've heard good things about the 005 Advance and the 009 Raven. Advance is more a sport tire, and the Raven more a sport-touring tire.........
    I didn't think Shinko made tires in those sizes, though.....

I despised the last set of Dunlops that I owned.
    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

I have never heard of Shinko, but I can tell you that my Avon Azaro radial tires (stock sizes) are the longest lasting tire I have put on my bike. Handling is good too.

Comment

This is what I was looking at....

Ebay LINK

Comment

I just went with a Pirrelli Sport Demon in stock size and am very happy, very stable and light steering. I personally only stick with name brand tires, its the only thing between you and the pavement. I trust the quality control of the big names verses the little no names.

Comment

Shinko does make the 747 (like the one in your link) in the rear tire size, but they don't make it in the correct size for the front. The only tire they do make in the front size is a bias ply, and the 747 is a radial, and they don't mix well.

I don't particularly trust the big names any more than the little ones. Firestone is a big name........... and they wrecked a lot of Explorers!

In my mind (I rode on a 003), if hundreds of racers can make their 8 second 1/4 mile passes on these tires, then they will likely hold up to me putting around at 70.
            Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
              Shinko does make the 747 (like the one in your link) in the rear tire size, but they don't make it in the correct size for the front. The only tire they do make in the front size is a bias ply, and the 747 is a radial, and they don't mix well.

I don't particularly trust the big names any more than the little ones. Firestone is a big name........... and they wrecked a lot of Explorers!

In my mind (I rode on a 003), if hundreds of racers can make their 8 second 1/4 mile passes on these tires, then they will likely hold up to me putting around at 70.

I just noticed the lack of properly matched bias/radials in that make, you right it would not be a bright idea.

Any good sources for good deals on tires?
              Last edited by GCOP; 07-13-2008, 02:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Avon Roadrider's...... They replaced the Super Venom's.....

Wait.....cheaper through Iron Pony...... http://www.ironpony.com/ironponydire...EET%20PRODUCTS
                Last edited by loudnlow7484; 07-13-2008, 02:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Look like thru TU's ebay store they are about the same price as Iron Pony, with a few bucks, I guess it depends on shipping. They would be about $195 landed thru TU. Looks like thats the tire I'm goin' with.

I appriciate the quick info guys...glad to see I'm not the only one doing nothing at 2:30AM

Comment

It's 3:30 here..........

..... I just noticed after posting that, how exciting my life really is. 3:30 AM, and I'm up watching "Boiler Room" and wondering where I can get some General Tso's chicken. Awesome.

Comment

Boiler Room is one of my favorite movies......have you seen Glenn Gary-Glenn Ross?

Comment

Only bits of it...... Alec Baldwin's big speach for one....... "Third prize, you're fired!" Haha!

As a car salesman, I loved those kinds of movies. Now as a jewelry salesman, we're not so high-pressure, so I can appreciate it, but it doesn't touch me the same way.

On a side note.... Boiler Room was what motivated me to start studying for the Series 7.

ALWAYS BE CLOSING!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X