X

Tires

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tires

Food for thought. I needed a new front tire badly as:mrgreen: mine was dry rotted and the belts seam to have shifted on my Avon am 20? or 21. These seam to have been the hot set up for these bikes but are not available anymore. I took some advice from a local shop and ordered a new Pirrelli Speed demon bias ply. What a difference, feel like it lost 100lbs. Only have about 100 miles on it now but soon enough I will change the back over to the matching rear tire. I am using the bike as a commuter weapon and tourer.

Like my sig says I have Avon AV45 120/80/16 front and a AV36 160/80/16 rear. I like them so far, when I got the bike it had some used up Battle axes.
    My carbon foot print is bigger than yours.

1988 GSX1100F with 93 plastic, Avon AV45 front & AV36 rear rubber and a SS2R full exhaust system.
    Other bikes:
    2 1985 CR500
    1 1987 CR500
    1 2003 CR85 Supermoto

Comment

Update on new tire

Ok, heaven was short lived. Due to some weather I didnt ride it for 4 days and when riding off for my work commute found new front tire totally flat. Since bike was on centerstand I did not notice until too late. Note to self get BACK in the habit of checking the bike over before putting helmet on. I take my Ram PU to work and spend a weeks worth of gas in the bike for a 35 mile round trip commute. Come home check tire out cant find anything wrong, maybe someone is playing games and let the air out? I fill it and ride to work next day bit on my trip in it is steering kinda truckish and not very sharp. Before end of busy day check it and find my valve stem dry rotted. I told the guy who owns and operates his store for 25 years to put new stem and really do a good balance job as I am an um,,, quick rider on backroads. He says sure no problem, guess it was a problem. Call him up to ask he starts ranting i had tire slime in tire and he worked 4 hours to clean it up and there was nothing wrong with stem. He knew i bought the bike recently so I would not know about slime. The rim was at his shop for 90 min when he said it was ready, never mentioned slime just said all done ballenced and stem,, all good. $155. Cash. Now he cant get the new stem for 4 days plus. I kinda flip, basically I had no problem paying extra if he needed to do extra work, ive dealt with slime but dont tell me its all good knowing im going to be doing 90 once its scrubbed in on my killer back roads here. #$&hole! So now I have to get towed to avoid getting killed, go to another shop that shows me all the green and black slime now in my tire and has to charge me extra to clean it and replace stem, $78 and now I have a shop i trust or at the very least respect for honesty. I can now have my front wheel off in 2 min start to finish. Have to buy the stuff to do this myself, really chaff's me to pay someone else to do a job they didnt do right and have to even more to fix thier mistake. And I lost 3 nice days for riding and commuting on bike. My two cents

Comment

How did the slime get in there? The Previous owner who was supposetly a fanatic?

Comment

I guess so, some people swear by it, it does balance to a degree and fixes small flats. I guess when its time i will have a mess on my hands doing the back tire.

Comment

Working...
          X