X

Corbin Seat height

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corbin Seat height

I am trying to figure out if the Corbin seats for the 1100 kats have any more height for the passenger. The stock seat does not have much of a lift in it and an extra inch or two would be useful for my long legged Fiance!

It looks like there may be some extra height from looking at the pics, but without seeing them side by side it is hard to tell for sure.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jeff

If you call Corbin directly to order the seat,
    they will modify it to what you want.
    Really.

Comment

Long-legged fiance???

j/k
      2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
      BMC Notorious 918 HT
      2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Comment

Originally posted by Skeezix View Post
        If you call Corbin directly to order the seat,
        they will modify it to what you want.
        Really.
        Excellent, I kind of figured they would, but wasn't sure. Do you know if they charge much of a premium for custom work like that?

I know Saddlemen will charge for anything outside of their normal seat profile.

Comment

the corbin will seat you lower than stock about 1 inch lower pm cyber poet he is a corbin rep
          Last edited by JBLUE; 07-06-2008, 08:08 PM.
          sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

I just had to get the Long Legged thing in there to drum up interest in the thread!
            :mrgreen:

....... They are really long though!

Originally posted by CenCalKat View Post
            Long-legged fiance???

j/k

Comment

Hey, my wifes uncle does custom work on seats. He is in Hampton. Does great work. He will reshape the seat for you as well as re cover it. He did my last bike and quite a few for local bikers. Im actually looking forward to having a tear in my Kats seat......lol......just so I can get him to customize it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by jhawkins View Post
                Excellent, I kind of figured they would, but wasn't sure. Do you know if they charge much of a premium for custom work like that?
                No extra as far as I know.
                As long as you keep it within reason.

Comment

I have a Corbin seat I need recovered. It has a dog bite.....
                  1990 Big Kat 1100 "AKA" The Dirty Rocket

Comment

personally, I hated my corbin. it was way to hard on the arse. could have just been a bad seat from them, though. not enough padding. felt like I was sitting right on the seat pan. also a bit wide and would cut into my thighs.
                    I went with a travelcade instead. 10x better.
                    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe View Post
                      personally, I hated my corbin. it was way to hard on the arse. could have just been a bad seat from them, though. not enough padding. felt like I was sitting right on the seat pan. also a bit wide and would cut into my thighs.
                      I went with a travelcade instead. 10x better.
                      thats a first a person complaining about a corbin
                      sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

Originally posted by JBLUE View Post
                        thats a first a person complaining about a corbin
                        I hate my Corbin seat too. It feels like it cuts into my thighs so I just run with the stock seat. I did put both seats on my bike and the Corbin sits higher, once the batteries in my camera charge up I will post some pictures.
                        01 Bandit 1200 engine w/91 GSXR 1100 intake cam 36mm Carbs w/Stage 1 Jet kit/dual pod K&N filters. 90 GSXR 1100 wheels and front brakes. DID 530 chain. 93 GSXR 750 rear shock, Full Yoshimura exhaust system 4 into 1

Comment

Originally posted by TheHayabusa View Post
                          I hate my Corbin seat too. It feels like it cuts into my thighs so I just run with the stock seat. I did put both seats on my bike and the Corbin sits higher, once the batteries in my camera charge up I will post some pictures.
                          Pictures of them together would be awesome. It is looking more and more like I will have to upgrade the seat, Heidi is really not liking it, and as we all know, what makes her unhappy makes everyone unhappy!

Comment

Originally posted by jhawkins View Post
                            Pictures of them together would be awesome. It is looking more and more like I will have to upgrade the seat, Heidi is really not liking it, and as we all know, what makes her unhappy makes everyone unhappy!

Long legged Heidi!
                            93 1100....big kitty!

Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it...

Comment

Originally posted by TheHayabusa View Post
                              ahh.....someone who knows what I am talking about. personally, I think most people who like them have no choice but to like them. you know.....you pay big bucks for a new seat like a corbin, it is supposed to be comfortable, right?

if you ever get the chance to pick up a travelcade, go for it. most comfortable seat I have ever tried. and I owned 3 corbins before this. it doesn't cut into the thighs, and is very comfortable. passengers love it as well. it sets them up a bit higher than a corbin.

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Working...
                              X