could this be done to stock exhaust

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• could this be done to stock exhaust

on a gsx1100f?

This was made for a forum I'm a member of to visually and audibly demonstrate what drilling the Honda Blackbird exhaust is like. My first video was incomplet...

Music that plays while he is drilling is halarious! His little chuckle is pretty funny, too.
    "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

BENNY HILL is the S H * T,,, i was WAY too young to be watchin that show...

Happiness
      Is a
      Warm Gun.

Comment

he got a new tire too
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by u4eah View Post

Yes, I just recently did this mod to my Kat, but it worked fine for me. Alot better than spening all the $ on an aftermarket right now.

Here is where I got most of my info.

Looking for the best exhaust for your Kat or need help with the installation ?
          From the Mesh Mod to the Fender Eliminator, installing new signals, Braada Cowls,
          Frame sliders or Undertails; Show us all of your custom mods and share your tips here.

It's pretty simple, but if you have any questions let me know.
          "W"

Comment

drilling an exhaust out that much will change the back pressure quite a bit. it might require jetting if you change it too much.
            I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

I just used a long prybar and a BFH and beat a hole in the inner baffle of my stock can and it actually sounds pretty decent....much better than stock!
              "Insert something witty here...."

Comment

Originally posted by Kat-astrophe View Post
                I just used a long prybar and a BFH and beat a hole in the inner baffle of my stock can and it actually sounds pretty decent....much better than stock!
                That's fairly often done on Kwasakik Vulcan 800's. No need to rejet, either, I am told.
                "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Originally posted by StevieB View Post
                  That's fairly often done on Kwasakik Vulcan 800's. No need to rejet, either, I am told.
                  punching holes in a baffle needs no rejetting. it does not effect the back pressure.
                  I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

I must say, i havent had to make any adjustments to the bike period since i have owned it, but i do need to do the valve adjustment ASAP...BTW, does the 04 require the valve shims i keep hearing about, i kinda want to know before i take it apart so i have everything i need ready...i have been told that it does and that it doesnt?
                    "Insert something witty here...."

Comment

Originally posted by Kat-astrophe View Post
                      I must say, i havent had to make any adjustments to the bike period since i have owned it, but i do need to do the valve adjustment ASAP...BTW, does the 04 require the valve shims i keep hearing about, i kinda want to know before i take it apart so i have everything i need ready...i have been told that it does and that it doesnt?
                      i've no idea if it needs shims but......

you can't go and buy them before lifting the cam cover because you won't know how many you will need or what thicknesses...

unfortunately gaps will need measuring and thicknesses listed before buying
                      it ain't broke ....

i ain't fixed it enough

Comment

so to punch out the baffles with a metal rod do you just insert it from the ends of the pipes or does it need to come apart?
                        As far as drilling under the caps shown above, just drill between the cap thread holes?

Last edited by u4eah; 06-27-2008, 03:27 PM. Reason: text

Comment

Comment

Working...
                          X