X

Is this info accurate?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this info accurate?

The fine aerodynamics of the GSF1100F and the 136 hp engine gave the bike very high top speed. GSX1100F was among the fastest bikes in the world at the time, if not the fastest.
    At low revs, this Katana's power curve towers over other Superbikes': At 3500 rpm, the GSX-R falls six horsepower short, the CBR is down four horses, the FZR1000 down nine. Apart from a dip at 6000 rpm, where the CBR has a seven-horsepower advantage, the Katana runs stronger down low than anything save Yamaha's now-defunct FJ1200.
    But the Katana's biggest advantage comes in the form of a mid-range wallop: At 7000 rpm, the Katana's horsepower is up 16 percent over the CBR, 27 percent over the GSX-R, and 30 percent—23 horsepower!—over the FZR1000.
    Big numbers down low, and crisp, immediate throttle response give the Katana the grunt to flatten 10,000-foot passes in top gear.
    This combination also makes for impressive full-throttle roll-on performance: From 45-70 mph in the top three gears, the Katana absolutely smokes the CBR and GSX-R, and nips the FZR and FJ1200 in third gear as well, though the two Yamahas inch ahead in the top two gears. Nevertheless, the Katana's broad-ranged power lets this supple, long-legged Superbike run with the most potent engines in all of motorcycling.

I have read similar stories in the magazines & on the net.

If you want to read more on the history of Suzukis you should go here; http://www.suzukicycles.org/

There is a article similar to your post about the big Kats.
    I don't know how fast my bike goes, I've never stopped to find out.

Comment

I can't say that I have the written info, but from my experience, I'd say that it's about right.

Until I hit the 6000RPMs the bike has some power but feels very limited.

But the moment I hit 6000RPM, the darn bike takes off instantly and I find it kinda neat when the times where when in the top gear, I managed to watch my needles from both my speed and my RPMs have just about the exact same movement

Which, if it holds true all the way, would mean that IF I'd ever cranked it hard the top speed would be (as stated by others and tests) over the 240km/h easy, until you hit the red or the engine's limit.
      JPG
      1988 GSX 1100F

Comment

Originally posted by GSX1100FL View Post
        I have read similar stories in the magazines & on the net.

If you want to read more on the history of Suzukis you should go here; http://www.suzukicycles.org/

There is a article similar to your post about the big Kats.
        Great info thanks mang.
        My carbon foot print is bigger than yours.

1988 GSX1100F with 93 plastic, Avon AV45 front & AV36 rear rubber and a SS2R full exhaust system.
        Other bikes:
        2 1985 CR500
        1 1987 CR500
        1 2003 CR85 Supermoto

Comment

Originally posted by imfallen_angel View Post

But the moment I hit 6000RPM, the darn bike takes off instantly and I find it kinda neat when the times where when in the top gear, I managed to watch my needles from both my speed and my RPMs have just about the exact same movement

Which, if it holds true all the way, would mean that IF I'd ever cranked it hard the top speed would be (as stated by others and tests) over the 240km/h easy, until you hit the red or the engine's limit.
          that is the way the 1100 is....and it came in real handy when my speedo cable broke. I was using my tach to set my speed for one whole season.

as for top speed.....I put my kat past the 280km mark and I was running in the red on the tach. I did this when I was coaxed into taking on a zx11. I would guess it was an 02 or 03. By rights he should have been able to take me...or at least keep up, but he didn't have a nutsack big enough to do it.

I can testify that the 1100 kat will run with the best of them. at least the ones from the same era.
          Last edited by Mojoe; 06-14-2008, 12:11 PM.
          I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

wow thats impressive. makes me want a big kat.

Comment

Originally posted by cameron View Post
              wow thats impressive. makes me want a big kat.
              that is why my main ride has been the 1100 kat since 1993. 15 years, and I have yet to sit on another bike that filled all the requirements I expect from my ride......comfort, reliability, ergos, performance.....and it is a nice looking bike. even the busa didn't feel right under my butt.
              I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Clipity View Post
                Great info thanks mang.

You're welcome.
                I don't know how fast my bike goes, I've never stopped to find out.

Comment

Working...
                X