Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

so do the slip-on dual exhausts sound good?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so do the slip-on dual exhausts sound good?

I like the dual rumble sound but some of the 600 and 750 bikes are putting me to shame with the sound they put out. I am not a knee dragging rpm freak but I do like to be heard and I was told that louder bikes are safer.
    Is there a set of slip-ons for the stock headers and pipes that will sound great or will I have to get a 4>1 set and rejet?
    Stats for jet kit 1-? Bigger carbs?

Is it worth it?

I had a set of dual Jardine's on mine for a couple of season. I can say this......no 600 or 750 would have put me to shame. quite the reverse, actually.

and yes, they just bolted right up to the stock header pipes, and no jetting was required.
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Where did you get that system Mojoe?
      Brian "b-man"
      '93 Katana 1100

Comment

This works great on my girl! Much louder then my stock and sounds sweet!

sigpic
        Safe Riding All - Whicket

Comment

Whicket, that link is for a single exhaust with two exit ports.
          I think he is looking for 2 seperate cans if Im not mistaken.
          Also, I have a question.
          Will any can that bolts on work or do we need to buy specific cans meant for the kats?

Comment

got a part number? I couldn't seem to track it down by year/make/model
            1990 Big Kat 1100 "AKA" The Dirty Rocket

Comment

Man, that Jardine site is one of the more difficult to use sites I have been to in a while. NO listings for Kat 1100's, and WAY too many pages to navigate thru to even see the Bandit 1200 can. Poo on that.

I put Kerker duals on my Kat 1100, but have not heard them, yet.
              "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Originally posted by bdje View Post
                Where did you get that system Mojoe?
                ebay. could never find another listing for them.
                I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

I always wanted to put dual cans on my Kat, but never found them either, but the 4 into 1 isn't that bad still has a nice sound at idle/cruiseing

Comment

the 4>1 headers with a vance and hines slip on seems to be working out very nicely for me, it sounds nicer than my buddies' 600s and 1000s.

Comment

to get back on subject, I was looking for DUAL cans for my stock exhaust, no 4>1 involved, I guess it would be 4>2

Comment

Working...
                      X