X

Petcock Vaccume diagram

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petcock Vaccume diagram

Hi Does anyone have a diagram of the vaccume lines? I sent my carbs out to be overhauled and now it will not accel correctly or at all at low idle w/out choke. I believe the problem is with my routing of the lines (5 weeks later!) Help!!!!!!

Originally posted by bcast View Post
    Hi Does anyone have a diagram of the vaccume lines? I sent my carbs out to be overhauled and now it will not accel correctly or at all at low idle w/out choke. I believe the problem is with my routing of the lines (5 weeks later!) Help!!!!!!
    I don't have a diagram, but they are pretty hard to mix up. they are different sizes. the small hose won't fir in the larger nipple. you sure it isn't just pinched somewhere?
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

This diagram is for the 88 model year but I believe it works for all our models.

Hope this helps.
      Last edited by GSX1100FL; 06-02-2009, 01:33 PM.
      I don't know how fast my bike goes, I've never stopped to find out.

Comment

Thank you. My bike just will not idle well or accell at low rpm with out the choke on. On high revs it backfires but it will run. I am pulling my hair out. I overhauled the carbs with a new oem jet kit and no change. The previous owner put on a Honda muffler and a 4 to 1 pipe. I feel like the bike is using alot of fuel also. I believe that 25 miles cost me 1/4 tank.

Comment

Are you running the stock air box?

When I got my Kat back from my brother he had put K&N pods on, bike would not run right no matter what I did. Once I put the oem air box back on I did a tune-up & the bike ran better, finally got it running right last year.

Look for cracked lines, maybe one isn't seated all the way. I have these on my carbs; https://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/produ...e=&skuId=28956
          My bike was running rough, I looked & tried things to get the Kat to run right, was about to give up until I found that one of the vacuum caps had fallen off.

Perhaps one of the brass adapters on your carbs isn't seated right.

Maybe the carbs need some adjusting.
          I don't know how fast my bike goes, I've never stopped to find out.

Comment

Originally posted by GSX1100FL View Post

That would cut carb sync time in HALF!

93 1100....big kitty!

Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it...

Comment

Working...
            X