X

88 Gsx600f For 1100???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 88 Gsx600f For 1100???

hey everyone... don't know for sure if this is the place i should be posting this thread but can i get some info on whether or not i can swap my 600 out for an 1100??? just wondering what kind of mods need to be made... thanx for the input... peace out

talking about trying to shoehorn an 1100 motor into your 600 frame? It wont be a direct fit, but anything can be done with enough time, money, and tools....

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

Probably less hassle to build your 600 or a 750 motor. With the right parts you can get to about the same power.
      "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

There's at least one guy that's done that operation. I think I'd have to agree with the above post opting for an enhanced 750 if you positively feel you need to swap an engine.

Or, with the money you'll spend doing that, you could just buy what you really want.
        The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

Yeah, just buy an 1100. Mine, in late July, when I am ready to sell it.
          "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

time, money , inclination , effort ... dunno what you guys are smoking but the 1100 will go in that frame with very little effort (no one seen my slabby 750 frame with the 1127 motor in it ?? )....

there will be some effort and thought required, mostly because the 1100 motor is approx' 15mm taller, you may need to clearance the cross brace, you will require taller headers unless you're lucky, i'd also use the matching cdi, you'll also want a hydraulic master cylinder....

i doubt if the airbox will be compatible with the 34mm 1100 carbs unless you make little adaptor rings (still may run crap on it), i've fitted dual pod k+n's and 144 mains just to get my 1127 running on the road (needs dyno time).....

this idea of yours is no-where as difficult as you may think, i've seen these oil cooled engines in all sorts of frames that were originally intended for other engines and not just custom frames, they've been stuffed in earlier air cooled sook frames along with old kwaka frames , those will potentially take quite a bit more thinking about than your idea....

stack ya parts up and get on with it, my slabby fighter is on the road and trying to tear me arms off
            it ain't broke ....

i ain't fixed it enough

Comment

Originally posted by BIGKAT1100 View Post
              There's at least one guy that's done that operation .....
              Well thats 2 that I know have done that. Chiskat1100 did that surgury too. There may even be more that have done it.
              The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

Working...
              X