X

Useless Center Stand

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Useless Center Stand

For some reason I can't seem to get my big Kat up onto the center stand. Any ideas would be appreciated because I'm about to remove it. I've never had any problems with center stands on other bikes.

hint... don't pull up, pull the bike backwards as you use your foot to push the center stand downwards... if that makes sense. once you get it, you will realize how easy it is. I removed mine anyway, i only install it when i need too
    myspace
    2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

I took mine off as well, however, the piece sticking out the side....step on it with all your weight and pull back on the bike. It'll go up no prob.

Comment

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Comment

ya i dunno how big you are big nate but it takes a little effort and practice, i rock the bike back and forth just a little while holding the center stand down with one foot..one hand on the forks and another on the backseat grab bar..after 1 or 2 swings it has enough momentum to easily wing back enough for the center stand to slide under the bike and there ya go. i think it is actually REALLY useful..no pitbull stand needed and you can lift ur bike up anywhere for anything.

Comment

Wish I still had mine on but with the SS2R pipe its a no go.
            My carbon foot print is bigger than yours.

1988 GSX1100F with 93 plastic, Avon AV45 front & AV36 rear rubber and a SS2R full exhaust system.
            Other bikes:
            2 1985 CR500
            1 1987 CR500
            1 2003 CR85 Supermoto

Comment

First bike? Old rider that learned a new lesson?
              Post your questions, tips and experiences here so we can all learn from them!

Try this.....

Comment

If you follow Ranges directions and still can't get the bike on the stand just throw it in a lake.

Comment

you should be able to do it once you get the hang of it. I snap mine right up, and do it with my bad foot....the one with a pile of screws holding my ankle together.
                  I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Pal View Post
                    After I read this I went out and tried it... and it worked. Thanks D-Pal for showing me this link and Thanks to Range for putting it out there. I don't think you need a video.

Comment

Working...
                    X