No announcement yet.
X

I'm about ready to burn it!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok, did you use a jet kit and which one?
    TDA Racing/Motorsports
    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
    Who knows what is next?
    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
    Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Sounds to me like there are 2 seperate issues going on here. Running fine when it's first started then losing power once it goes down the road a little bit sounds to me like the fuel bowls are running low, explaining why it runs fine for a few seconds after letting it idle for a minute to go take a pee behind a tree. have you tried switching the petcock to prime when it starts running rough while riding it? I did that with my 600 and it would clean up instantly, which led me to find I had a problem with the vac line from the carb to the petcock (I forgot to re-conect it after cleaning the carbs oops lol). Cutting out in the rain could be crossfire comming from the spark plug wires once they get wet. I had that problem on an old Honda ATC coil wire, and also on my Kat. Both would run fine when dry, but hit a little puddle, or a light sprinkle of rain and they would crap out bad. I wrapped the coil wires with a couple layers of electrical tape, and the problem on both went away instantly.
      John,
      '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
      sigpic

Comment

well I shipped you the cdi and a set of coils with some wires. I know for a fact that they work, so try them and see if it eliminates the bike cutting out.
        I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Sorry to resurrect a very old thread, but was curious. Mojoe, do you know what came of this and the problem? Again, sorry to bring up a thread this old.

Comment

...does your bikes explodes the same way as your cars?.. here in Norway its more common that the owner of the vehicle explodes. Give me your adress and i send you a box of matches with no "user manual". Lit it up, and collect your insurance money. Remember you got the matches from a foreigner. And as far as i know your legal system you can claim you had no clue of what those woodenstics was ment to be used for...
            Rune

Comment

Working...
            X