X

Finding parts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding parts

Ok I have a friend who does not do internet so I am on here for him so answers might take a little time. He has a 1100 Kat that has a carb problem something to do with the diaframs. Were can I get them or a compleat set of carbs. I know I got to find out year it has the power window how ever. He is also looking for the piece that the foot peg mounts to. I am going to go and take some pics and get some more deatails but I realy want to get this kat on the road so any help would be great thanks.

Chuck

Edit: the bike is a 1990
    Last edited by chuckyj95; 05-10-2008, 12:19 PM.
    1990 750 katana
    2002 Honda rebel
    1995 Jeep YJ
    2003 Saturn Ion

Will these work on an Kat
    1990 750 katana
    2002 Honda rebel
    1995 Jeep YJ
    2003 Saturn Ion

Comment

you'll most likely find that the airbox rubbers won't fit on those carbs ....

i think you'll find that the gsx1100f has 34mm carbs on the year he wants which are a different casting to those carbs on that ebay link, steel tops, diaphragm and slide only bought as a unit equalling very expensive, quite a bit of difference
      it ain't broke ....

i ain't fixed it enough

Comment

I have the set of carbs he needs. mine are useless to me now seeing as I need 38-40+ mm.

I also have the peg bracket.
        I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

mojoe how much would you want for the set and how are the diaphrams. Left side on the peg
          Price with ship please.
          Thanks

Originally posted by NiteMare View Post
          you'll most likely find that the airbox rubbers won't fit on those carbs ....

i think you'll find that the gsx1100f has 34mm carbs on the year he wants which are a different casting to those carbs on that ebay link, steel tops, diaphragm and slide only bought as a unit equalling very expensive, quite a bit of difference

In theary they would work if we put K&N's on them right.
          Last edited by chuckyj95; 05-10-2008, 01:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
          1990 750 katana
          2002 Honda rebel
          1995 Jeep YJ
          2003 Saturn Ion

Comment

Originally posted by chuckyj95 View Post
            In theary they would work if we put K&N's on them right.
            yea they will work 36mm carbs will slip straight in your manifold rubbers but they'll require rejetting to suit the exhaust and K+N's (60mm K+N's required)....

i wouldn't advise going any bigger than 36mm unless you are looking at altering the power delivery/power area, my gsx1100f engine is back on it's standard carbs with dual pod filters and 4 into 2 open exhaust (52mm straight thru), i've put a set of 144 mains jets in it just to get it running/moving, the standard jets wouldn't move it, it now lays rubber
            it ain't broke ....

i ain't fixed it enough

Comment

Parts for Kat

Originally posted by chuckyj95 View Post
              Ok I have a friend who does not do internet so I am on here for him so answers might take a little time. He has a 1100 Kat that has a carb problem something to do with the diaframs. Were can I get them or a compleat set of carbs. I know I got to find out year it has the power window how ever. He is also looking for the piece that the foot peg mounts to. I am going to go and take some pics and get some more deatails but I realy want to get this kat on the road so any help would be great thanks.

Chuck

Edit: the bike is a 1990
              I have a 1988 100 Kat and I have found that parts are found through bike bandit.com and ebay. There are some parts people use from other bikes that work but make the bike not stock.

Comment

are the 750 and the 600 airbox's both 36mm or is the 600 smaller?

Comment

I believe the 600 is smaller.
                  My carbon foot print is bigger than yours.

1988 GSX1100F with 93 plastic, Avon AV45 front & AV36 rear rubber and a SS2R full exhaust system.
                  Other bikes:
                  2 1985 CR500
                  1 1987 CR500
                  1 2003 CR85 Supermoto

Comment

Working...
                  X