X

performance exhaust

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• performance exhaust

ive looked on bike bandit, i dont know whats better than what in sound quality, looks, performance. whats good?
    ford guy turned kat rider

go with the HINDLE can't beat the sound or quality gives your bike a deep growl check out youtube for katana there are a few sound bites there

Comment

one of the guys posted this awhile back. sorry, can't remember who...

Comment

I'm running a hybrid Yoshi front header / collector thru a Muzzy cannister. It started out being a little loud for my taste, I've gotten used to it now though. Maybe it wasn't that loud.

If I had $400+ to throw at this, I really like the way that Vance & Hines SS2-R looks and sounds on the 1100. Very tolerable noise level below 6000 rpm's then gets a little bark to it in the upper range. Sweeeet
        The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

I remember a few years ago reading that Skorpian was making an exhaust for the Kat that would be the best of all. By best, I say this because it was a 4-2-1 design, which would give a bit more tq along with more hp. I think it was around $700, bit pricey.

Comment

I have a Hindle system (4/2/1 titanium/SS) with the SuperSport baffle..sounds great! (was pricey though, near $1000 for the entire system, but you dont have to get titanium and SS).
            It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

I like my Scorpion.
              "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
              JOHN 16:33

Comment

Originally posted by seethesvt View Post
                ive looked on bike bandit, i dont know whats better than what in sound quality, looks, performance. whats good?
                Love my ss2r with the comp baffle, little louder at low R's then wakes up and howls at high rev's
                WOW! your bikes really fast! you were flying when i passed you!

xbox live= katana11
                We Will Always remember!
                sigpic

Comment

is an after market exhaust a bolt on thing or is there welding involved?

Comment

Originally posted by seethesvt View Post
                    is an after market exhaust a bolt on thing or is there welding involved?
                    No welding, their a bolt on,and some tweaking,cursing and the like, unless your gonna make it your self.

xbox live= katana11
                    We Will Always remember!
                    sigpic

Comment

Cant really tell whats better than others, but I've got a Yosh RS3 on my 99 600, really like it. nice low tone, and not real loud until ya really crank her up.
                      Some days your the bug.....Some days your the windshield.

Comment

I forgot,

D&D also made a pipe for the 1100f, never seen one though

xbox live= katana11
                        We Will Always remember!
                        sigpic

Comment

where is a good place to order online? id want to get a full system, from the headers to the cans. ive noticed a couple of selections are onlt one can too. i like the look of the two pipes in the back. im thinking that the one pipe will probably add performance, am i right? if so ill do one but id rather do two.

Comment

No one makes an aftermarket two pipe exit exhaust. It would cost more (two mufflers instead of one) and weigh more, with no performance advantage.
                            Look, when i replaced my stock system with a 4-1, I cut 35lbs of weight off the bike, that's like 8% lighter. The bike is not just faster because of a more free flowing exhaust; it is faster because it has less weight to pull.

Comment

ok, ive decided on the vance & hines SS2-R 4-1 set up. sounds good to me. what else can i do performance wise? i dont have alot of money, the exhaust is gonna put me back a bit so i need cheap mods to consider.

Comment

Working...
                              X