X

swing arm extensions?????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• swing arm extensions?????

does anyone know if the 91-92 gsxr swing arm extensions will fit on the big kitty, or anyother make?

not sure....but get in touch with these guys. very helpful.

SpencerCycle.com is your source for your motorcycle parts and accessories. We carry it all for Suzuki, Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha and much more!
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

the gsxr's carry aluminium swingarms whereas the kitty has a steel one ....

i have seen bolt in extensions tho i think ...

the other way to extend your arm could be to buy a second one and have the pair cut, slugged, pinned and welded ..
      bracing shouldn't be too difficult for a decent fabricator (not motorcycle specific fabricator) ...

or if you worked out how to fit an aluminium arm from an earlier gsxr you could cut the brace of another make and have it welded on yours or fit an already braced arm, none of this is likely to be a "just bolt it in " job tho...

folks fit honda single siders, R1 and different year gsxr's to earlier gsxr's, it all depends on abilities or money (sometimes both) in the end it all comes down to your imagination and inventiveness
      it ain't broke ....

i ain't fixed it enough

Comment

damn i could of swore the 1100 had a alum swing arm, well it looks that way, i actually have a spare swing arm laying around, but more and more i read, i think im going to stick with a wheelie bar, less fab'ing and just in case i deceide to ever run the bike on the street, i can still turn....lol (without the wheelie bar of course...lol)

thanks for the link mojoe

now im just figuring out what rims too stick on, im thinking post98, i want to atleast get a 160 on there in the rear, by the look at the s.a. i cant see a 180 fitting, the 16" tires are too hard to find, plus the rim is too narrow (3.5" right) .....any help from you guys will be much appriciated....i know mojoe and nitemare, you guys have answered a few for me, so if im asking questions over and over again please bear with me.....my biggest concern now is getting some 17" rims......i finally got it running a few weeks back.....also why cant i find bigger rear sprockets....will the sprockets off the 600/750 fit?

Comment

i've not taken the wheels out of my 1100f yet, but on my 7/11 slabby i've dropped a 5.5" x 17" out of a slingshot straight into it's own arm (slabby arm) on the slabby spindle, i had to sort my own spacers as those were missing as well ...

the only fabricating i had to do was put 2 bends in the torque arm to clear the 180 tyre, i had to use a slingshot caliper carrier due to the larger diameter disc, although the slabby disc fits, the caliper hits the base of the spokes (hub end) unless you file some material off the back of the caliper ...

you might want to have a hunt for oldskoolsuzuki.info , another forum that is full of petrolheads but concerns itself primarily with the air and oil cooled motors, watercooled is of course covered to a degree but just about anything you may be thinking of doing to your suzuki engine will have been done/tried/tested and blown up by the folks on there, if you introduce yourself as owning a Katana you will confuse things (it's a Teapot) the Katana is aircooled as far as they are concerned ...

i've done a small search to possibly help you with your sprocket thoughts, you can get custom sprocket sizes built reasonably cheaply and a while back i saw an online shop that supplied sprox from 1 or 2 teeth undersize to something like 54 teeth for the gsxr's wheel (may have been renthal) ...

http://www.google.com/custom?domains...oolsuzuki.info
          Last edited by NiteMare; 12-12-2007, 08:59 AM.
          it ain't broke ....

i ain't fixed it enough

Comment

Originally posted by ITS_NOT_A_KNIFE View Post
            damn i could of swore the 1100 had a alum swing arm, well it looks that way, ...
            thanks for the link mojoe
            They are aluminum. I have 3 or 4 kicking around...all aluminum. if nitemare has a steel one, it's been changed and isn't stock.

and you are welcome for the link.

Comment

my apologies, just been and checked and it appears i "do" have an aluminium arm ....

i assumed it was steel as it has been painted along with the rest of the frame
              it ain't broke ....

i ain't fixed it enough

Comment

honest mistake. pretty hard to tell just looking at it on the bike.

Comment

Why don't you guys get something else extended...
                  ...just kiddin'
                  Biker chicks know how to ride.....

Comment

Originally posted by ITS_NOT_A_KNIFE View Post
                    ....also why cant i find bigger rear sprockets....will the sprockets off the 600/750 fit?
                    how big you want? I have a 54 tooth.

Comment

im scrapping the idea for the 1100, im just going to stick the motor in a 600 frame, so i guess i got another 1100 parts bike. so if anyone needs anything let me know. i got one 88 and one 90 1100. both frames have clear titles. the 88 is just a frame with swing arm and lower tree. the 90 is complete minus the engine and harness. let me know

Comment

I'm pretty sure nobody makes a good set of extensions, so you'll have to find another swingarm to use for 'parts'.

I just finished up a 5.5" extension to a late-90's YZF600 arm, and it went rather well....

FrankenKat 1216
                        GS Fiter 816
                        GSXR750! (race)

Comment

extensions are not that rare, just expensive usually..
                          there's various modifications that folks dream up and different ways of achieving them...

this is one of the forums i frequent ...

and here is another for all you power hungry folks..
                          Genetic engineering of an extinct species

the first covers modifications to any bike, some of the mods are totally off the scale and primarily appearance mods

the second should give you untold information on the oilcooled suzuki's if you really want power (air and water as well)
                          most of the folks on both these forums are home builders, some with some surplus cash others with surplus talent/abilities, then there's the folks who do what they can with what they have available, they cater for all
                          Last edited by NiteMare; 12-23-2007, 06:23 PM.
                          it ain't broke ....

i ain't fixed it enough

Comment

what do u want for the 90 what all is left with it
                            GO HARD OR GO HOME

Comment

Working...
                            X