X

Give To Me Straight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Give To Me Straight

I need some real world feed back regarding Factory Pro Ignition Advancers and Big Block Kats. I'm about 2 seconds from getting one. He can sell me one for 45-ish. An inexpensive product that's no good still sux that's what prompted me to hit you guys up for input.

UPDATE:
    Just looked on Factory Pro website and it said that ignition advancers for models '89-'93 will not work on the '88 model. I need to hear from my peeps on this.
    Last edited by BIGKAT1100; 11-16-2007, 10:48 PM.
    The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

The ignition advancer works on the 88, I have one installed on mine. If you look at the microfiche the part number is the same for all years. Factory Pro jets kits will not work on the 88, but will work on later models.
    2005 GSXF750 Katana
    1991 Kawasaki Concours ZG1000
    1993 Kawasaki VN750 Vulcan

Comment

personally, I would not settle for a ign advancer like that. I would cough up the extra bucks and get a DynaTec Dyna2000 ignition system. I had a brand new one, but the damn thing disappeared. I have no idea what happened to it. I need it for my V&H engine, and it looks like I am going to have to cough up for another one.
      I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe View Post
        personally, I would not settle for a ign advancer like that. I would cough up the extra bucks and get a DynaTec Dyna2000 ignition system. I had a brand new one, but the damn thing disappeared. I have no idea what happened to it. I need it for my V&H engine, and it looks like I am going to have to cough up for another one.
        Don't mean to sound dim but when you say ignition system, are you talking coil packs, wires, etc. ? Right now I was just investigating and I saw 2 choices both Factory Pro. One was an adjustable ignition advancer and the other was a straight 5* advancer. The difference between the 2 is the 5* advancer is for 89-93 Katanas and the adjustable advancer is for 88-93. Now, it seems to me that since those years are intertwined like that regarding the same system, they should both work .
        The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

I had an ignition advancer on my Bandit600 and on my98Kat750. Both from Factory Pro.
          Just buy one, it's worth the bucks. Go for something between 3º to 5º, It'll give a tad more power at low rpm,you'll love it !!!
          Last edited by David F C; 11-17-2007, 04:09 PM.
          Too old to dream, too young to reason...
          I am fond of my rough edges.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by David F C View Post
            I had an ignition advancer on my Bandit600 and on my98Kat750. Both from Factory Pro.
            Just buy one, it's worth the bucks. Go for something between 3º to 5º, It'll give a tad more power at low rpm,you'll love it !!!

A good product that does'nt work in your particular bike still sux that's what prompted me to hit you guys up for input.

BIGKAT1100

Comment

Originally posted by BIGKAT1100 View Post
              Don't mean to sound dim but when you say ignition system, are you talking coil packs, wires, etc. ? Right now I was just investigating and I saw 2 choices both Factory Pro. One was an adjustable ignition advancer and the other was a straight 5* advancer. The difference between the 2 is the 5* advancer is for 89-93 Katanas and the adjustable advancer is for 88-93. Now, it seems to me that since those years are intertwined like that regarding the same system, they should both work .
              no....I am talking this:

It's pricey, but you have the benefit of being able to dial it in for best performance.

BTW.....the one for the 1100 kat works on ALL 88-06 600's, 750's and 1100's.
              Last edited by Mojoe; 11-17-2007, 11:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

no....I am talking this:

It's pricey, but you have the benefit of being able to dial it in for best performance.

BTW.....the one for the 1100 kat works on ALL 88-06 600's, 750's and 1100's.
                I Yahoo Searched that right after you mentioned it yesterday and saw that add. That's a little more than I want to spend right now. I'll keep it in mind, maybe for the not to distant future.

On the "BTW" appreciate the confirmation.

BIGKAT1100

Comment

I had the whole set. the dyna2000 ignition, as well as the dyna coils and wire. I found the coils and wires. I'll be damned if I can find the rest

Comment

I had the whole set. the dyna2000 ignition, as well as the dyna coils and wire. I found the coils and wires. I'll be damned if I can find the rest
                    I know that feeling. Really sucks.
                    "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

If it turns up, let me know and you'll have a buyer.
                      Last edited by BIGKAT1100; 11-20-2007, 06:38 PM.

BIGKAT1100

Comment

Originally posted by BIGKAT1100 View Post
                        If it turns up, let me know and you'll have a buyer.
                        if it turns up, it's going on my V&H engine

as it is now, it looks like I am going to have to cough up for a new one

Comment

if it turns up, it's going on my V&H engine

as it is now, it looks like I am going to have to cough up for a new one

Dang, that makes you a "Dyna-Tease"

BIGKAT1100

Comment

I wouldn't worry.
                            The old one will show up as soon as he orders the new one.
                            93 1100....big kitty!

Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it...

Comment

Working...
                            X