X

Air Filters- One or four?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gaillarry View Post
    For timing advance I installed the Factory Pro ignition advance, simple fix and did notice some improvement. It sells for $54 but can be found on EBay a lot cheaper. http://www.factorypro.com/
    All I can find is for 1989-1994, does anyone know if the 1988 is the same?

Comment

I'm using one from an 89, fits perfect. For some reason Factory Pro doesn't list the 88 model, although they do mention their carb kits won't work on the 88.
      2005 GSXF750 Katana
      1991 Kawasaki Concours ZG1000
      1993 Kawasaki VN750 Vulcan

Comment

I'm using one from an 89, fits perfect. For some reason Factory Pro doesn't list the 88 model, although they do mention their carb kits won't work on the 88.

Thanks Larry, will get one on order.

Comment

I went with the Dyno-jet 1 stage. It was only listed for the 89-94 models as well. My guy was able to dial it in with the K&N air filter. I think he was saying he had to set the needles differently than the directions said. I think I saw a thread on this site of how make your own timing advance. Don't remember right off hand whether it applied to the 1100's. It should be about the same, I would think.
          The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

well if yyou guys want to smoothen up the air flow with the pods, i recommend making velocity stacks.....trust me it will save a headache when it comes to tuning....using a stg 1 jet kit will not work with pods, only stg 3.....i learned that the hard way on my 600

Comment

Working...
            X