X

Need Some Info

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Some Info

It is time to replace the chain & sprockets, the front sprocket is giving me some trouble, the biggest socket I have is a 27mm & of course it is too small for the nut that is retaining the sprocket, does anyone know what size the nut is?
    I think it's a 32mm but not sure.

I can get a 1 1/4" open end wrench on the nut but not in a way that it can be useful & I would rather use a metric socket to remove the nut.

I looked at one place on line that sells factory oem parts for our big Kats & if I'm looking at the correct part it states that the size of the nut is 20mm, that's wrong.
    I don't know how fast my bike goes, I've never stopped to find out.

20mm might be the size of the part but not the size of the wrench needed. A 5mm screw uses an 8 mm socket for example. On the "little" Kats it is 32 mm or some have used 1 1/4. I think 1 1/4 might be a little tight.

Comment

I know I'll get flamed for this, but, I used a metric adjustable wrench.

Oh, and it was left handed too! 8)

Comment

Thanks.

Friday, August 10, 2:30am,
        It is a 32mm socket, picked one up before I went to work yesterday, perfect fit.

Comment

Same size as the 600 and 750 Kats , FWIW . I use an 1 1/4" socket , which is pretty much the same as a 32mm .
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I kept running across the 1 1/4" sockets but they were all deep-well.

If I could have gotten my wrench on there good enough to have used it I would have went with that but all I could get onto the nut was the open end of the wrench.

Comment

Working...
            X