No announcement yet.
X

1100 4-to-1 Exhaust Hassles?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've heard just the opposite for the V&H system.
    I don't know how fast my bike goes, I've never stopped to find out.

Comment

yeah, i'm pretty sure mine is a vance and hines system, and it's blocking the oil filter...don't quote me on that one though, the badge is removed, but i've asked a few people and we all think it's a V&H system...

Comment

Originally posted by Peast_Beast
        yeah, i'm pretty sure mine is a vance and hines system, and it's blocking the oil filter...don't quote me on that one though, the badge is removed, but i've asked a few people and we all think it's a V&H system...
        This is a V&H system on this bike and it does run directly in front of the oil filter.Click the pic for a bigger shot.

This is an old system though, maybe the new one is different.(SSR2)

Comment

Originally posted by GSX1100FL
          I've heard just the opposite for the V&H system.
          actually, my bad. V&H did have a system that allowed for access and to keep the center stand, but it is discontinued and replaced with the SSR2 that does not. Or I could be wayyyy off and thinking of the Yosh system. I do know for SURE that there was a system that allowed for oil filter access and retention of the center stand. I have a yosh system sitting under my work bench....I will check it out.
          I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

I looked at the SSR2 system, the number 2 & 3 exhaust pipes run directly across the area in front of the filter, looks like the system will have to be removed to replace the filter.

Heard a clip of the exhaust system, sounded good, don't know what bike it was on.
            I don't know how fast my bike goes, I've never stopped to find out.

Comment

Yes the SS2R system does block the filter - get some allem head bolts and washers (of the correct size and length) and a socket drive allen wrench with a wobbly extension - removal will be easy, and getting the bolts back in even easier.
              The performance and sound benefits of the VH system (in my opinion) outweigh the pain in a## factor
              Its not the speed of life that kills you - It's that sudden stop at the end

Comment

Just changed my oil and was able to ge filter off and wiggle it up and through the pipes without losening anything, so, Mojoe, you are correct my friend.

Old V&H 4 into 1 system

Comment

on my V&H I dont remove the header. I unbolt one of the middle 2 pipes off the head. use a ratchet strap around the closest outside pipe and (Slowly) pull towards the outside pipe. checking every couple of cliks. I take out the small end of the filter first then ratchet till the big end comes out., then quickly put the new one in and let the pressure off the pipes.

it is very close, only have to pull the pipe over about 1/8 of an inch, but there is NO WAY to get that filter out of my bike without moving header pipe.

not for the faint of heart......I just hate taking that damn header off and putting it back on.

PS also had to loosen the oil cooler to move it around to get the bolts out of the one pipe.

Comment

Originally posted by danp2630
                    Just changed my oil and was able to ge filter off and wiggle it up and through the pipes without losening anything, so, Mojoe, you are correct my friend.

Old V&H 4 into 1 system
                    cool. I was sure V&H had one like that. I am even betting you can keep the center stand with that system. I also think it came all stainless. If you ever decide to sell it, I want first crack at it. this includes if you decide to sell the whole bike someday. I will give you a Yosh system to slap on for the sale.
                    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

it appears tht at least the midpipe is stainless, not sure about the headpipes, if I sell I will give you first shot at it Mojoe, If I decice to trade the Kat next year I would swap ya cause they won't give me anything for the system anyway. Still want the cylinder head and oil pan, just waitng on the funds. Will pm ya with details as they become available.
                      Do you have a center stand I could try to see if it fits with this exhaust? Sure would be nice to stand the Kat upright in the garage.

Comment

I have a Yosh on mine and I can pull the filter without pulling the exhaust(though I have to use alot of SuperClean to clean the headpipes after).
                        $25.00 for gaskets at the stealership sounds about right. I have reused the gaskets once with no problems. Only problem I've had with the Yosh was that the weld at the 4/2 broke COMPLETELY. Partialy my fault. I added a strut at the muffler to clear the hardbags and probably stressed the weld. But still......
                        Is TOO loud,but weighs about 30lbs less than stock. We have a guy near here thats an ex-Muzzy employee and builds custom exhausts. Trying to find out how much he'll charge me to build a QUIET 4-2-1-2 with drainplug,filter and centerstand compatability.
                        Records or parts-I didn't come here not to break SOMETHING.

Comment

Instead of pulling your header off just disconnect the oil cooler lines, usually you can get the filter out that way.
                          01 Bandit 1200 engine w/91 GSXR 1100 intake cam 36mm Carbs w/Stage 1 Jet kit/dual pod K&N filters. 90 GSXR 1100 wheels and front brakes. DID 530 chain. 93 GSXR 750 rear shock, Full Yoshimura exhaust system 4 into 1

Comment

Working...
                          X