X

How often do you bleed your clutch ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How often do you bleed your clutch ?

I think I am having to bleed my clutch to often. Knowing that this is supposed to be a closed system, should it ever be bled ?

Appreciate any input.

Thanx
    The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

I've got the "SteveB Superset" of Speed bleeders coming from CyberPoet, and it includes the correct one for the clutch.

I'd do it when you do the brakes, since you're already up to your eyeballs in brake fluid already.
    93 1100....big kitty!

Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it...

Comment

I may not have explained the situation accurately. About every 3 monthes of riding, somehow air gets in the system and I have to bleed it. I have not tracked how many miles it is during this cycle. I can't see where I'm losing any fluid on the ground or anywhere else. The level in the reservoir (spellchk) is consistant with what I put in there. Then after I bleed it, I top it off, and it's fine for a couple more monthes. My fear with that, is there a possiblity that one day the bleeding will not work anymore ?

Another factor is if the bike is not being ridden, this condition does not occur.

still listening for sensible input
      The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

Leeches for sale...
        "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

I don't know what to tell ya. I put 220k kms on my 92 and never ever had to bleed the clutch. in fact, I think it was the original fluid ater close to 14 years of being on the road.
          I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Working...
          X