X

Shift Speed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shift Speed

What speed do you guys shift at? I am new to riding and have seen many different post on proper shifting, but most of the bikes on here are 600 or 750's. They seem to shift at higher rpm's, but im not sure. I shift at about 4-6k rpms is that ok or too early. Iam in third when I am driving around town 35-45mph. I have a Vance&Hines exhust and its very loud at high rpms, so try to drive it lower rpms. I know this problly doesnt make much since. Thanks for any help.
    1991 GSX1100-F

depending on how I'm running on any particular day or mood .. your shift are in the correct range .. when I am putting around town, I at least run in 4th gear sometimes 5th, that keeps the noise down. I'm running an after-market 4 into 1 myself and I am very concious of the noise level. These bigger katanas will shift good in the higher RPM range. I would be prepared for that though because these things do pull very strong.

Just take it easy and learn your bike and then you will see whats comfortable for you and your style of riding. I n the meantime, be careful.
    The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

Working...
    X