GSX 1100 F

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSX 1100 F

Hi
    Just found this forum recently and have been browsing through the topics.
    Great to have this site, and have found it very useful and educating.
    I have a 88" Gsx1100f (in Europe it is not called Katana)
    This is my first bike and I love it. Still runs strong after 98.000 km.
    Only bought it a year ago and try to use it every day I can, but the weather here in Iceland does not give me much chance to ride it often during the winter time
    My bike is more and less in original state, new paint ( black), and aftermarket turn signals. 4 to 1 Yoshi.
    does anyone know how wide rear tire I can fit under the bike?
    Pics coming soon.

Welcome to the forum. I am also fairly new to the forum and to Katanas. I don't know the answer to the tire question. I just replaced my worn out Dunlops with Pirelli Demons. Finding tires to fit the 16 inch rims was pretty difficult and greatly limited the choices.

I have seen a couple of folks who swapped out the wheels for more modern units. This allows for a greater choice in tires.

"Fell in love with a woman unkind, smoked my stuff and drank all my wine..."

Comment

Greetings and welcome
      'Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose and sometimes it rains" !

Comment

Pics of my Kat !

took some pictures today !

Comment

Where did you pick up your signals? I've seen some generic ones on eBay, but my bike is insanely similar to yours (I've got a '91), so I'd like to grab the ones you've got

I really like the black. I was thinking about throwing a dark color on mine

Comment

I bought those signals in a motorcycle shop in Reykjavik, I can´t remember the brand but I can find out for you if you wish.
            I would like to see a picture of your bike
            Are there any changes in between 88 and 91 1100 Katanas ?? are the rims the same?

Comment

If it's not too much trouble, that would be nice

I posted some pictures of my bike in another thread: http://katriders.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=30808

It's in pretty bad condition right now, but it's just body work. He runs great

The rims look similar, but I'll have to take a closer look

Comment

Originally posted by icecat
                Are there any changes in between 88 and 91 1100 Katanas ?? are the rims the same?
                there are some differences between the 88 and 91, but it is mostly the frame. the 88's had a shorter wheelbase and a different rake on the front forks. the 88's did not handle as they wanted, to they lengthened the bike by 3 inches I think it was, and changed the angle of the forks.

the rims will fit them all, as will most of the body parts.

and ty for posting a black kat. I am changing mine from the red it is now, and was considering black with a gold frame. I was not sure how it would suit the bike, but I can see now that it works.
                I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Keep with the original tyes that your handbook states for the Kat. It has a smaller rear tyre than most Sports Tourers but I'm sure Suzuki know better than we do about what tyre goes best on thier bikes.
                  Drive safe
                  Rich.......

Comment

Superbikes just showed an awesome GS1100 on Biker's night in Atlanta. If you have Tivo, you could check it out.
                    "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                    JOHN 16:33

Comment

HI guys,

I am just making the seen on this site and i have the 1988 version 1100 katana .. the rear tire size is 150/80 - 16 but it will hold a 160 .. right now i am running metzeler lasertechs and they are working pretty good .. the only change i know of is i think the swing arm is an inch longer and that happened in either 89 or 90 ..

RIDE STRONG
                      BIGKAT1100
                      The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

I actually bought mine with a Dunlop 180 zr rear tire on my 1991 GSX 1100F...I highly do NOT recommend it, although it looks awesome, it has rubbed a little on the swingarm/chain (unsafe) and i honestly don't even know how they fit it on in the first place. And I can see where it has worn away a little...I think I may go down to a 170 or lower to a 160. I hate to see my tire get smaller, but it's for the best...

Comment

Working...
                        X