X

600 1127 swap

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 600 1127 swap

hi guys, i have just got my hands on a early model 1127. i would like to swap it to my 04 600f . how could i find out what year this 1127 is and where would i get part to go thru the motor? 2. will 600 carbs work on 1127 motor?3. will 600 oil cooler work as well?

You're going to need the carbs and cooler from the 1100. You might be able to rejet the carbs to work but I think it'd be a total PIA. The 600 cooler won't have the capacity to adequately cool the 1100.

Long Live the D

Comment

I ran the 600 carbs with a stage 3 jet kit for over a year on my 1100 and the 600 oil cooler.. never had a Problem with it over heating untell I put the 1100 cooler on it.. there are reason for that went to a 1340cc over bore and ,it is the size of the cooler lines that make the difference IMO you can run with the 600 carbs and cooler on it, it is just not going to be the best it can be with out the 1100 stuff.. IMO

Comment

I just dropped a 1127 on a 600 recently and I ran stock carbs. If you are going to make the change over its best to make a full change over. I changed CDI, Carbs, Exhaust, Clutch (from manual to hydrolic). H&K 1082 High Performance Air Filters. Thats all I have changed so far. But be careful when making these mods because teh bike is a big step up from the 600. I was riding down teh street and was having some issue with the carbs... Almost like it wasnt gettin ggas or limited gas until I pulled the throttle. I ended up going down the street sideways and was easily doing 120 on accident. Be careful.... Be very very careful. The swap will easily put you on your ass.
        Some people grow big and tall and some stay the same... My 600 grew 527cc's by high school and stayed the same size. He use to get bullied by a few people:

Jigzer and Shrad were brothers
        Charlie Brown Rodjers also known as CBR
        Kall Asaki from Japan

I'm not a racer but at a stop light Jigzer pulled up and so did Shrad. They reved their engines....
        The light changes to green light so we ride...
        Then they read my license plate and it says
        " KATchup "

Comment

I/ve had the 1127 in my 600 frame for about 2 years now, as everyone as already stated you are alot better off using the 1100 stuff. Yes you can use 600 equipment but its like putting a muzzle on a dog. Let her bark if your gonna do it.

Comment

1127 ENGINES ARE SUPPOSED TO HAVE 36MM CARBS. I BELIEVE THAT THE 600 HAVE 32-34MM. I AM GUESSING THAT IT WOULD WORK BUT IT WOULD ALSO SMOTHER IT. THE OIL COOLER IS NOT A PROBLEM. I RUN AN 1127 ON AN ATV FRAME AND RUN NO OIL COOLER!! NO PROBLEMS WHAT SO EVER. YOU GUYS WOULD NOT BELEIVE THE TORQUE THESE 1127'S PRODUCE IN THE DIRT. I HAVE VIDEO'S OF MY 1127 SPANKING ALL KINDS OF BIKES. ZX10'S, R1'S, R6'S, ZX6'S, CBR900, AND TONS OF OTHER BIKES. THE 1127 WILL HAUL ASS IF IT IS SET UP CORRECTLY. 138HP AND 89FT POUNDS OF TORQUE. AMAZING POWER OUT OF THIS ENGINE.

Comment

Originally posted by ROOSTER1127
              1127 ENGINES ARE SUPPOSED TO HAVE 36MM CARBS.
              not true. or should I say, "don't generalize the 1127".
              the 1127 came from the factory with carbs as small as 34mm, and as big as 40mm. it is all dependent on what year, gixxer or katana, and cams used.
              there was one year when the 1127 in the kat was pushing more hp and torque than the gixxer. both were 36mm carbs, and only on the canadian model. no american 1100 katana EVER used 36mm carbs fresh from the factory. 34 was the norm.
              I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Working...
              X