X

change over

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post

While we're on the topic..... anybody know any reason why a 98+ rear suspension (swingarm, linkage, brake setup, etc) wouldn't swap onto a pre? I'd like to have a 98+ swingarm, if it will swap over (as a complete assembly, of course).
    Whats the advantage of a 98+ swing arm? Just a marginally larger tire?
    Originally posted by arsenic
    93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Originally posted by HemiKat View Post
      Whats the advantage of a 98+ swing arm? Just a marginally larger tire?
      The brake arm will clear my RF600 wheel with more room to spare, and lowering links for them are less complicated. I'd like to have a set of links with two holes, so I can keep it raised up if I'm on sporting duty, and back to stock height if I'm on touring duty. Plus my bike is a little bit too close to being rideable again, so I'll have to start changing more stuff again!

Originally posted by ThAzKat View Post
      it will but you have to cut a tiny bit from the pivot to fit the pre!
      Like, 1/16 inch "little bit" or like 1/2 inch "little bit"? They're a touch shorter than the pre98 750 arm, aren't they?
      Last edited by loudnlow7484; 01-24-2010, 10:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
      Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

yeah lnl, about 3/16th off each side or something like that. They are a good inbetween of the pre 600 and pre750. The rotors are bottom mount which makes braking alot better.
        TDA Racing/Motorsports
        1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
        Who knows what is next?
        Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
        Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Originally posted by ThAzKat View Post
          yeah lnl, about 3/16th off each side or something like that. They are a good inbetween of the pre 600 and pre750. The rotors are bottom mount which makes braking alot better.
          Thanks for the info....... thanks to you, I can keep my bike off the road for a little bit longer now...
          Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Working...
          X