• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LAsunbird86 View Post
    Now its either a :

1) Busa

2) gixxer

or

3)harley

Besides buell and a few others, they're all the same.
    Buell is dead. I think there are differences in the current bikes and i can tell them. Honda's are pretty distinct from the other 3 jap bikes (not in a good way either).
    if I see a nice looking sport tour with nice hard luggage, I know that is isn't a Suzuki as they have probably made some sort of of decision years ago that they will not make a sport tourer. No, for the street, you get either an imitation Harley that tells the world that you want a HD, but can't afford it, a sport bike that makes your insurance bill second in $ to your mortgage, or a naked bike that you have to throw soft sided luggage on and, without windshield or plastic, makes long, high speed drives more an act of endurance than that of pleasure.
    Geez, was the 88-93 katana 1100 really that much of a flop? I love my katana 1100, but I want to get something new soon and that Concours 14 is calling my name. Were Suzuki to bring in the 1250F and price it under the Concours 14, I'd be all over it like flies on a road kill. I have no intention of buying a Bandit and then finding a fairing, bags, etc for it- i want a read to go sport tourer. BMW, Yamaha, Honda and Kawi have no problems selling them, what's Suzuki's excuse?

Comment

i like it...except the handle bars and the colors....

Comment

Originally posted by DClark View Post
        Buell is dead. I think there are differences in the current bikes and i can tell them. Honda's are pretty distinct from the other 3 jap bikes (not in a good way either).
        if I see a nice looking sport tour with nice hard luggage, I know that is isn't a Suzuki as they have probably made some sort of of decision years ago that they will not make a sport tourer. No, for the street, you get either an imitation Harley that tells the world that you want a HD, but can't afford it, a sport bike that makes your insurance bill second in $ to your mortgage, or a naked bike that you have to throw soft sided luggage on and, without windshield or plastic, makes long, high speed drives more an act of endurance than that of pleasure.
        Geez, was the 88-93 katana 1100 really that much of a flop? I love my katana 1100, but I want to get something new soon and that Concours 14 is calling my name. Were Suzuki to bring in the 1250F and price it under the Concours 14, I'd be all over it like flies on a road kill. I have no intention of buying a Bandit and then finding a fairing, bags, etc for it- i want a read to go sport tourer. BMW, Yamaha, Honda and Kawi have no problems selling them, what's Suzuki's excuse?
        Because their previous sport touring bike's name got shot to **** when they made the 50cc scooter in Europe and called it a Katana. Honestly not something i want the name of my bike to be associated with.

No one insults Honda Interceptors or the Concours, but you mention a Katana and you open yourself up to all sorts of insults from your average, mainstream biker.
        It's suzuki's own fault.

Comment

I hear you. I would buy a Sport Tour version of the busa in a minute .. The Connie 14 is sweet.

Comment

Cool

Thanks man !!!

I did not know about the 2010 Big Kat.

Are you going to the Rally ?

Comment

It finally hit Aus this month. I'll be taking one for a test soon and I'll put up my thoughts on it. Still like the silver and black scheme, dunno if it's available here though.
              Do not walk behind me for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just f*#@ off and leave me alone.

Comment

Bandit?

The GSX1250F looks more like the old Bandit than the new Bandit does!

Does anyone else think that this new Bandit looks more like the B-King?

I really like the GSX1250F, but would like it more if the headlamp nose thing was not so pointy! Remember the first Bandit S models that had a more rectangular headlamp and fairing. That was a fantastic looking machine. Of course, I owned one, so my opinion may be biased...

AND HERE IS THE NOSE!!!

Comment

I like it too bad insurance will be a lot for it out here

Comment

mmmmm....looks tastey!

Comment

count me in for 1250

Comment

is it coming to the US?

Comment

That 1250F is sweetness
                          1998 Suzuki Katana 750, GSX750F, black, 13,2XX miles, stage-I jet kit, NGK IX iridium spark plugs, ...
                          1969-1/2 Dodge Super Bee, A12, 440 Six Pack, 4-speed, Dana 60 rear axle, Butterscotch w/black stripe, black interior
                          1974 Plymouth 'Gold' Duster, 225 slant six, automatic, hood scoop, rear spoiler, aluminum wheels ... performance looks set up for daily driving

Comment

The kat may just be my gf's new ride

Comment

that looks like a great bike to ride right there

Comment

Thought my 99 Kat was heavy... ouch 567 lbs. Looks nice though.

Comment

Working...
                                X