X

Owners how do you like them. New GSX650F

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Owners how do you like them. New GSX650F

I've been looking at the Yamaha's and Suzuki's. I ride a 06 Kat, and I want to buy something new. Is there a big difference in performance between the new 650F and my 06 Kat? I want this bike to play on, and transportation to work. The price is pretty good. 7300 new, and orange.

Does anybody have one yet? Mods? ie.. exhaust etc......

Thanks
    2006 Kat 600 (My "cruiser"), 2008 R6 ("Play bike"). Love em both.

there are pros and cons to each bike....GSX600F and the GSX650F....To each their own....

1. You have a bigger more updated motor
    2. FI over Carbs ( I personally like carbs)
    3. Kat looks better then the glorified gs500 with a bigger motor.
    and on and on....

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

But have you seen it in the orange. I looks pretty good to me. If it rides like my kat but with a bigger motor, and still get 43 mpg in town, I think I'm hooked.
      Attached Files

Comment

Not a bad-looking bike, really. I wouldn't kick it to the curb.
        =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

There not too shabby. I would be interested in riding one to see how much different it is compared to my old Kat
          2007 Honda CBR600rr
          2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
          sigpic

Comment

Nice looking bike. The exhaust can looks a bit big for the bike tho.
            Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
            Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

i agree the can is too big. change that and i like it. i too would like to ride one. are they just as heavy?
              Can't blame me for something I don't remember.
              www.bakerboyz.net

Comment

yes i do think they weigth about the same. I'll look it up

Comment

First thing. STOP BITCHING ABOUT THE ****ING EXHAUST!!!!!!!!! Its for emissions requirements why its so big. Not to mention Yoshi and Suzuki love to sleep in the same bed. Now back to busniess.

Every review ive read about the 650F praises how GOOD the bike truly is. Yes youll get the guys that say "its not a supersport therefor its not a real bike" but its just like a Katana in that it does everything good.

Its got enough power to have fun, enough comfort to not torture you on long rides, enough suspension to get around corners at whatever pace you wanna pick. Its from what I read one of Suzuki's best bikes and will probibally be in the Suzuki line for many many years without any real changes.

You will not be disappointed if you decide to go with the 650F.

DC Born..Maryland Bred

I will never be forgotten. I will only fade as time goes on from your consious thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by Imagin View Post
                    First thing. STOP BITCHING ABOUT THE ****ING EXHAUST!!!!!!!!! Its for emissions requirements why its so big. Not to mention Yoshi and Suzuki love to sleep in the same bed. Now back to busniess.
                    I's just sayin that's the only thing I didn't like about it. Man its nice to live where there aren't emissions requirements.
                    Can't blame me for something I don't remember.
                    www.bakerboyz.net

Comment

Originally posted by Erki View Post
                      i agree the can is too big. change that and i like it. i too would like to ride one. are they just as heavy?
                      The 650's are heavier. If I remember correctly...

I have seen a couple around town. I like them. I wish I could talk with one of the owners.
                      Last edited by sassyduck; 10-18-2008, 06:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

They look nice for a glorified bandit, I too would wanna ride one just to see what its like.
                        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                        Originally posted by soulless kaos
                        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

man i had hoped to get some info from the ppl riding them not opinions on looks.

Comment

I bought a GSX650F about two months ago. It's a great all around bike but I have to agree about the appearance of the exhaust. That's why I just swapped the original exhaust for a Scorpion stainless slip-on. It now looks and sounds much better. The Scorpion system has a very deep tone that I like.

We don't have emissions testing where I live but just in case I used Permatex anti-seize compound as a sealant on the connecting pipe to header connection so that I can easily swap the original equipment system back on if necessary.

This is my first bike with fuel injection and I must say that, so far, I love it. Coldest temps in the morning so far have been in the high 30s F and the bike starts immediately and idles smoothly. I certainly don't miss playing with the choke.

Comment

I wish people would stop complaining about the big *** exhaust cans. They have tighter emissions so theres 1 reason for them. 2nd. What better excuse for an aftermarket pipe then hating the stocker

DC Born..Maryland Bred

I will never be forgotten. I will only fade as time goes on from your consious thoughts.

Comment

Working...
                              X