Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Would you trade in your aged Katana for the new GSXF 650?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Id like to ride one.

My 98 was my first bike, it cost me $800, and it was laying In a big pile.
    Took a month and a half to get it running, and I almost peed all over myself when she fired up! Honestly though, I would like to get her tuned (shes due for her 15k tune up) and while Im waiting, take the gsx650 for a ride. Im not a fan of the fake "srad" ducts, but I think it would look wicked with a black/black paint scheme.....

Last edited by LAsunbird86; 11-22-2008, 12:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Absolutely I would trade. I'm lovin my Kat 600, but fuel injection would be sweet. I live where it would be nice to take my Kat to higher elevations, but it starts running funny, surges above 9500'. I've had problems restarting also at high altitude.
      Also, I recently test drove the 650 gsxf and thought it was really smooth, a bit easier to turn and had a rather comfortable ride. It didn't seem as top heavy as my bike but after looking at the specs it probably is very similar. It seemed to have a bit more torque too, zippier. Now it was a 10 minute ride, on and off the freeway, around some city blocks only - not a true blue road test. I was not allowed to rev it it up all the way either because it was new and not broken in.
      But overall, I liked it. Liked it a bit better. That said, what I think I really want next from Suzuki is a 1250 bandit with full fairings. Haven't ridden a new bandit yet, but if I'm going to trade out my Kat someday, I'd want to move up in engine class. Like to test ride the Concours also.

Comment

no i dont like it
        its 1973 ,almost dinner time ,i'm having hoops

Comment

well, I did

and so far I'm love'n it!

sigpic
          2008 GSX-650F / 1990 GSX-600F sold facebook

Comment

Depends on how much work you put into your previous Kat.....

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndID=107018844
            http://www.youtube.com/user/neoshifter

Genesis 9:6
            Whosoever sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed......RIP Daniel A. Mguire,you'll always be in my heart brother.

Comment

well i might if the price was right/ you can always swap the tripleclamps and put pre 98 bars
              sigpic

Comment

no. because thats way out of my price range. id rather fix one up slowly than sit around with my money(and me to save it) doing nothing.

Comment

Saw my first 'live' one on the streets this afternoon and have to say I'm not overly impressed by it. Perhaps for my wife because she's a bit of a shorty, but not for me. I need a man's bike.

Comment

I like the new 650 . I rode one , Smooth power, Very nimble.
                    Watching Obama run this country is like watching a train crash in slow motion.

Comment

never my 06 750 has been a good bike to it never let me down!!
                      I Quit KatRiders!

Comment

I would for a straight up trade but other than that I want a Busa
                        Former Marine 3/97-3/01
                        MOS 0161 Semper FI!
                        sigpic

Comment

When I'm ready to send the Kat to trade, I going for an Interceptor or a Sprint.

Comment

Never ever give my "Kat" away
                            I think that was rapped in "Real love" once

Comment

My answer is a definite negative.
                              02 Katana 600 (weekend toy) 11.892 @ 111.92 MPH
                              90 GSXR 750/1216
                              96 Chevy S-10 (work truck)
                              87 Rear Engine Dragster 8.46 @ 157MPH
                              sigpic

Comment

just got a new gsx650f i keep the old 1990 750 kat

Comment

Working...
                                X