Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Would you trade in your aged Katana for the new GSXF 650?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not me. My next bike is lookin like a new ninja 250 (74mpg baby!) or a gixxer 750.
    Katriders.com, we've got dumb answers!

Comment

As far as trading my Kat for a new 650.. mmm no. I don't think I would go back to a bike with full handle bars unless it is a DRZ400sm(for a second bike)

I had a 2004 GS500F. I liked the look of the bike after taking some decals off and custom handle bars, exhaust, and flushmounts.

The new 650 is/was planned more for a sport touring style.... like the FZ6, and other sport looking with full bars and upright riding position. Also for people that wanted the GSXR styling without the big insurance payment.

If it is like the riding position of the gs500f then some one 6 ft tall with stock bars will get wind blasted right to the face.... trust me.

My next replacement bike will be a 750/1000 GSX-R or a 09 YZF R1, but that will be in about 2 to 3 years.
      Last edited by blazinjr; 09-17-2008, 02:52 PM. Reason: wrong wording

Comment

No way.. Personally I think the GSXF is one ugly lady.

Comment

No way, I like my Kat, I like the way it looks, handles, and performs. The new Katana GSXF is good bike but I like the 98+ style.

Comment

no way! I worked in a Suzuki dealership and the new one feels nothing like my good old 93 kat!

Comment

Not unless they offered it in a 750 and put it on a diet, 476 lb dry!
              sigpic
              Currant Toys...
              '02 Suzuki GSX750F
              '74 Yamaha MX360
              '69 Camaro

Comment

In a minute

Comment

god no, wouldnt mind taking the front fairings off it and head light and swap on a pre, but not enough grunt for me

Comment

03 katana

No way would I trade my 03 katana 600, the 650 is new with the bells and whistles and that is all while my katana is a tried and true work of art that won't let me down.

Comment

No ! ! ! !

I like my 06 750 way too much. The new GSXF 650 reminds me too much of the GS500 in looks.

Comment

my next should be a vfr 800.
                        here in turkey he new gsx650 is 16500 lira which is equal to 12000 dollars.

i can buy a 2006 vfr 800 with that amount of money.

Comment

I don't like the look of it really but would like a brand new bike.
                          1995 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

the more research im doing a bandit 1250 for me would be a better choice (then mod the hell out of it)

Comment

Wife bought one and is a great bike for her. Installed Givi hard bags , grip warmers , and a carbon fibre Yosh pipe. And shes 52 years old!! Advantages are : fuel injected, liquid cooled, less hassle at start up ,more upright seating ,smoother ride, oil injectors on the gears from 4th and up, digital speedo interchangeable from mph to kmh by pushing a botton , better airflow management (less on the rider) , and much more responsive throttle. Shes cracked a wheelie shifting to second by accident!

Comment

Posibly by the time I am ready to buy new one. I usually do not purchase the first couple generations of anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X