Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Would you trade in your aged Katana for the new GSXF 650?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope, the pre98 kat is the sweetest ride. Just wished i have all the part brand new
    After all the replies it seems that 650F will not be a great succes after all. It just doesn't have neither the feeling of sporty (when u will of course balance for the gixxer) nor the ultimate touring feeling.

Comment

Originally posted by Davrik View Post
      Same here. If someone gave me a 650 I'd put it up for sale and buy a kat.
      : gsxr750 man what are you thinking

Comment

Originally posted by XKillerEliteX View Post
        I pick the Bandit over that you can get a lower fairing and at least seat cowl
        I haven't heard anyone making seat cowls for the new gsxf's yet.

where did you get your seat cowl?
        2006 Katana 750, Bumble Bee replica
        Bumblee Bee Tuna

Comment

Originally posted by SGTJimbo_Kat600 View Post
          I don't see anything appealing with the new 650. Looked at them several times while getting parts at the dealership. Just does nothing for me.
          Same for me. I sat one one, walked around it, completely uninterested. I'd rather have the GS 500 than the GSXF650.

Comment

Originally posted by seriss_cweald View Post
            where did you get your seat cowl?
            Its a Braada Cowl Sleek Version , I think its out of production again very hard to come by these days

Comment

From what i read most peoples complaint is with the full bar. You can allways swap to clip ons...

The 650F is based off of newer technology and alot of the words against it are from just looks alone. Take one for a spin then judge it. After all a bike is nothing more than the ride it offers you. Just sitting on it only establishes that your comfortable.

DC Born..Maryland Bred

I will never be forgotten. I will only fade as time goes on from your consious thoughts.

Comment

I am betting Suzuki tweaks it in a couple of years in to a decent bike, but it'll never be a Kat. The 98-06 body work with the new 650 engine, now you are talking.

Comment

Absolutely not. I find that the new (or if you want to call new because it is a Bandit underneath) GSX-F 650 is too "thrown together". Suzuki did with this bike like they did with the GS500 when they put the full fairing on it. Ugly. Good starter bike......yes, will it replace the Kat.....NEVER!

Comment

I probably would not simply b/c I love my Kat. However, it certainly would save me the time and money of trying to repair my Kat(in other words, a new bike might be nice as it hopefully would be maintenance free for a little while)
                    Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.

Comment

Well, I haven't ridden one yet. But I sat on one at the dealer and have seen a couple on the road. For me, it seems too upright, you would have to change the bars and that exhaust...holy cow is it big!!! The can is 8-9 inches in diameter! it's like having a 2 foot long chrome coffee can on the bike.

It has potential, but I doubt Suzuki will make any major changes to it. But, if it takes off and does as well as the Kat has, that would be an incentive for the aftermarket to design more products for it.

Would I get rid of my Kat for it...not right now, and my next scoot will probably be an SV1000s with full fairings. THAT is a sexy bike!
                      2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
                      BMC Notorious 918 HT
                      2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Comment

I guess I kind of made my decision a week ago when I was looking at the GS500F, the GSX650F, and the Brand New leftover 06 Katana 600. Being my first bike, and not knowing very much about bikes aside from reading a lot, and how they felt, I bought the brand new Katana.

Comment

No, I would upgrade to something better.
                          2007 Honda CBR600rr
                          2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                          sigpic

Comment

no thanks, my kat loves me.
                            2000 ZX-12R, Power Commander, Quick Shifter, -1 & +2. SO DAMN FAST
                            2001 Mazda Protege (MAZDASPEED Conversion w/Callaway turbo, TurboXS BOV and Boost Controller, InJen CAI, Vibrant Header, WORK SuperWheels)

Comment

No, I would upgrade to something better.
                              Haven't you done so already ZX14?
                              sigpic

"You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you."

Comment

Originally posted by GSXF View Post
                                Haven't you done so already ZX14?
                                Yup, so the statement stands true. I did upgrade to something better, much better

I was responding as if I was in the OP's position.
                                2007 Honda CBR600rr
                                2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X