Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Would you trade in your aged Katana for the new GSXF 650?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• +1 to the Engine swap.. Carbs SUCK...... And I would take the newer headlight too.
    Check my garage for current pic and upgrades

My build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=127457

Comment

• yeah why not? since mine is a 94 with 22000 mi on it.. who would pass that up?

Comment

• Originally posted by itssmeebtchs View Post
        yeah why not? since mine is a 94 with 22000 mi on it.. who would pass that up?
        Me.

Comment

• Lol

Comment

• Cmon now... Look at the rad vent for the GSX650F and tell me it doesn't harken back to the pre kat. I personally love mine. 20,000 miles and absolutely loving it to death. Getting ready to do plugs, a full on sprocket/chain kit, and some new brake pads that's about the only maintence I've really done. OH WAIT. I need a clutch. heh.

Comment

• Maybe.

Comment

• No because nobody is going to give me any $ for my kat

Comment

• I wouldn't take a Ferrari for my KAT!

Love > Lust
                  I can do it

Comment

• only if i can keep both!

Comment

• Apart from the fact that I would be trading down from a 750, the answer is still no. I still prefer carburettors over an injection system any day..
                      Open your mind, freedom's a state.

sigpic

When in doubt, lean more.

Comment

• Originally posted by ErrEs View Post
                        Apart from the fact that I would be trading down from a 750, the answer is still no. I still prefer carburettors over an injection system any day..
                        I'm currious as to why you prefer carbs to FI? Personally, I'm glad I traded up to FI from carbs and think it would be a step up from the "old Kat"

By the way, How is riding in Belgium? i'm orignally from The Hague, Netherlands.
                        sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
                        1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
                        2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
                        First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
                        Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

• Originally posted by KatanaGSX92 View Post
                          I'm currious as to why you prefer carbs to FI? Personally, I'm glad I traded up to FI from carbs and think it would be a step up from the "old Kat"

By the way, How is riding in Belgium? i'm orignally from The Hague, Netherlands.
                          Well carb engines date back from a pre-'eco dip'-time for one. And also I think the handeling/response of a FI engine can be off in some situations, there's always some delay between twisting the throttle and injectors calculating and then responding. I know it's only a fraction of a second but in some situations it can result in loss of control. And also at some steady speeds you can feel a FI engine 'shifting', resulting in an uncomfortable ride. The upside of soft-modding the injectors isn't big enough for me to trade up. I guess I'm old fashioned.
                          Belgium is great to ride. Small country but a lot of different road types all within an hours drive. Maybe the quality could be better though. :S
                          Open your mind, freedom's a state.

sigpic

When in doubt, lean more.

Comment

• Computers are taking over! we have lost control!
                            I can do it

Comment

• Originally posted by iamtheguynoodles View Post
                              I wouldn't take a Ferrari for my KAT!

Comment

• Yep Absolutely. FI instead of Carbs. liquid cooled.. pretty good swap.. now if the kat had serious mods on it.. no

Comment

Working...
                                X