No announcement yet.
X

i dont like the new gsxf 650

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i wish they took the katana and made it with an aluminum frame and performance parts. A sport-touring gsxr. Technically the busas little brother.

Comment

Originally posted by Edbean View Post
      i wish they took the katana and made it with an aluminum frame and performance parts. A sport-touring gsxr. Technically the busas little brother.
      +1

Comment

Originally posted by Pure View Post
        What bike is that top pic, because if it is the same as the bottom, I would think all the aftermarket parts should fit the new gsx650f model.

thanks
        it's the bandit 650

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
        You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Well when the new bike doesnt sell, hopefully Suzuki will get the message and redesign it and come up with something different.
          Air Force

audentes fortuna juvat

Comment

Originally posted by Edbean View Post
            agreed
            02 Suzuki Katana 750
            05 Suzuki Boulevard C 50

If i wanted to hear an a$$hole i would just fart!!!!

sigpic

Comment

I took a look at the new 650F at the local dealer last month. I didn't like it much at all. Bars too high, seat too hard, exhaust can was the size of a small fridge. It just didn't feel anything like my 2002 GSXF. I sure wouldn't want to do hundreds of miles on it over a weekend, whereas mine (and my butt!) copes very nicely thanks.

Not for me...
              Inforad - one in the eye for the Gatso Brigade!

Comment

ya know the more i look at it; the more the mods i spoke about would get done. (if i was to actually buy this bike to begin with)
                deep six the grab bar
                Grab the bandit split seat (with cowl)
                toss the passenger pegs
                Definite Clip ons (with possible new triple tree)
                Definite Aftermarket exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by ctandc View Post
                  - More power than my 600 Kat...but it's really, really smooth. As in deceptively smooth. Doesn't feel as quick as it is.
                  Not to get too philosophical, but what good is being quick if it's too smooth to feel quick!!? All that does is create speeding tickets. I'll choose the feeling of spirited acceleration on my carbureted, oil/air cooled Kat over the personality-less fuel injected acceleration of the GSX650F any day!!

Comment

I think people are being too critical of a fine bike. The VFR is considered one of the greatest bikes of all times, but just like the GSX650F, it is smooth and does everything well, but not excellent. AND, it costs so much more. So, give the bike credit where it deserves. I think the Kats were long overdue for a revamp.
                    Dani

Comment

I have been having this oil and water discussion for a long time now. i am a bandit freak. See signature below) . i rode my 1200 and as soon as i shut it off I chesked th oil temp. it was really up there Took my 1250 on the same run (but it was a little hotter in the day) checked its oil when I got back and the difference was amazing. Water cooled bikes are technology of today. Air cooled are older tech, but still reliable. I have several bikes, but when it gets really hot here in Alabama, i ride water cooled, Its alot more enjoyable for the rider. Dont take this as bashing air/oil cooled bikes. That would be stupid since i own 3 right now. but water cooled was definatly a needed upgrade to an already good bike.
                      Watching Obama run this country is like watching a train crash in slow motion.

Comment

Not my choice. Too generic looking.
                        Bike is sold

Comment

ya know the more i look at it; the more the mods i spoke about would get done. (if i was to actually buy this bike to begin with)
                          deep six the grab bar
                          Grab the bandit split seat (with cowl)
                          toss the passenger pegs
                          Definite Clip ons (with possible new triple tree)
                          Definite Aftermarket exhaust

And possibley the bandit motor might fit right in as it does with the old GSXF 8)
                          GSX1250F Sounds pretty groovy 8)

Comment

Late to the discussion, but my $.02 is it's not a Katana. It looks like every other bike out there. In terms of performance, I can't speak in comparison to the Kat since I haven't ridden one, but I'm not hearing incredible things. Maybe I need to drop into the dealership and have a look-see in person.
                            Originally posted by katanawarrior
                            I keep coming here because of the smileys, really.

Comment

+1. When I first saw the 650 my first thought was that it was thrown together sloppily and without much effort in design. I'm unimpressed. I've always admired the Katana for it's unique styling and performance, but the new 650 seems to be generic and nothing special. I'm sure it's a nice comfortable ride, but uninspiring. I'll keep looking for a 2006 Kat 750, thank you very much.

Comment

Theres alot of our opinons on it but It is what it is now

Comment

Working...
                                X