X

What's the best way to deal with tailgaters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 93kat750 View Post
    no offense blakKat- but i "think" most of them were being sarcastic. and the rider shot down must have been on a harley that could not evade the car... (more sarcasm)

Originally posted by SweetLou View Post
    I usually don't have a problem with Tail-gaters.

When I am riding around town, or know I am gona be in a traffic situation, I pull my pants down a bit, and my shirt up, so my *** crack is hanging out. People don't seem to get to close then.
    OMFG almost fell outta my chair! That is funny!

Originally posted by kat_kitten View Post
    not the smartest thing to do but:

i flip up my visor and turn around and stare them down for a few seconds.
    they usually get really creeped out and back off

See that wouldn't scare me.

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

Holy dead thread! Love the pic of the guy with the gun strapped on, that's pretty cool

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Originally posted by whitecl0ver View Post
        See that wouldn't scare me.
        hey... I could be intimidating!... maybe.
        the kat may be the gixxer's retarded cousin, but she's a hefty broad... and i do loves me some girth between my thighs.
        # 99 HYPERSLOTH RACING
        [02 gsx750f][03 cbr600rr]

Comment

thats really wierd, i've never had a problem with tailgaters...

See My Garage for mods...
          T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
          Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Comment

I don't have to do it often BUT I have been known to drop golf balls under their cars as it literally scares the crap out of them! Plus, they bounce up & down so fast that they hit the bottom of the car 10 or 20 times before they come out! Works like a CHARM! They don't cause any real damage either so if you got caught you really couldn't get much more than a warning for doing it. Ray.
            85GS1150E 83GS1100SD 83GS1100ES 82GS1000SZ 96GSXR1500DRAGBIKE 96GSXR1400DRAGBIKE 90GSXR1166DRAGBIKE 05SDG110PITBIKE & 8 QUADS!!! "Life is tough! It's even tougher when you're stupid!" John Wayne

Comment

when i had my kat on the road, it was very seldom that i was in the situation to be tail gated... feel me? LOL
              1989 katana 750

Comment

I agree with BlackKat- we really all do need to calm down, a bit.

But the golf-ball idea got a chuckle out of me!
                "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

860 pounds (Kat + Rider) is not going to win even the most mild of disagreements with a 3000 pound cage. so they pizz you off, are you sure you want them pizzed at you? With todays wild swings in behaviour even flippin the bird can get you run over.
                  99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
                  1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
                  '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
                  Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

Had a tailgater today on PA turnpike in rush hour. I couldnt get out of his way. He was on the phone so it kinda made me nervous. At this point, please look at the shiny metal thing on my bike picture (in My Garage).

Does everyone know what it is. Yep.

D&D pipes rules for this reason.

Put it in nuetral and revved the **** out of it.

Scared the cager and he dropped is phone. He slowed down and left me alone.

But yes, I did watch him for a while afterwards.
                    '04 600 GSXF

"Hope for the best, but expect the worst. You will always be prepared, and never disappointed."
                    ME.

Comment

Do you want the masculine, ego-pumping answer, or the real one?

I used to carry a wrist pin from an old 750 motor around in my pocket with me..... Not intentionally for use with a tailgater, but because I need something to play with if I have nothing to do (and otherwise I'll turn to smoking or eating), and it makes a pretty good pack for your fist if needed. But the idea was always in my head to just flip it over my shoulder at tailgaters.

What I really did was dependent on my mood. I would either pin it wide open, and put as much distance as I could between us, or I would just pull over to the side and wave them past. I don't particularly want to get splattered on the road.

Just a note...... going really fast only worked maybe 1/2 the time. The other half, they would catch up to me after I slowed down, and resume following too close.
                      Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Working...
                      X