X

Hard Clutch normal?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard Clutch normal?

Just got a 91 Katana 600 and am noticing how stiff/hard it is to squeeze the clutch lever. Just wondering if its because I'm used to my 400cc bike and its just something I'll get used to ("wimpy girl" here) or if its a problem I should get looked at? I've got my riding-for-2-years-ducati-riding friend telling me that its ridiculously stiff and my riding-for-15-years friend saying its normal for a non-hydraulic clutch. I'm more inclined to believe the latter but I figure I should get some input from people who've ridden Kats. Oh! and see if there is a way to fix/loosen it up a bit

J
    PakkeRat - [pak*rat] small little mouse capable of collecting everything and never throwing anything away

STIFFNES

I`VE GOT A 93 750 AND MINE IS PREETY STIFF TO SEEMS NORMAL TO ME ,BECAUSE MY BUDDY HAS A 01 600 AND HIS IS PRETTY STIFF.

Comment

Depends on who you talk to . I have aftermarket springs in mine making it harder than stock , but I think it's plenty easy to pull . I found the stock clutch RIDICULOUSLY easy to pull .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Lube the cable, can't hurt anything and might solve the problem.

Comment

At the clutch handle, their is a bolt that the cable comes out of. You can screw this bolt in tighter to 'loosen' clutch pull.

Comment

Um , you don't wanna do that . You wanna keep a few mm of freeplay there .
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Tried lubing the clutch and it seemed a little bit easier. Think I'm just gonna have to ask God for longer fingers as well as longer legs for Christmas this year ^^. I LOVE MY KAT!
              Thanks everyone!
              Jane
              PakkeRat - [pak*rat] small little mouse capable of collecting everything and never throwing anything away

Comment

Working...
              X