No announcement yet.
X

Trouble getting into Neutral

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idk, if its just me but I find it easier to stop, put it in second, then tap it to neutral...
    2006 Suzuki Kat 600
    1989 Kawasaki KX 250
    1979 Yamaha zx 1100
    1975 Honda mr50 elsinore
    1978 Yamaha Chappy
    1961 Chevrolet Impala SS

www.Austinsbr.com

Comment

I really havent had any problems with it after I put a couple of short rides on the bike. I figure it is due to a combination of everything lossening back up and me getting us to exactly how it works.
      Rick
      93 Mustang
      97 Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by md86
        But you ALWAYS gotta be careful about trusting that light .I've heard stories about the light being on but the bike NOT being in neutral . Let the clutch out a little slow just in case .
        That happened on my Kat once, while I was fumbling trying to "find" neutral. Light came on but I was still in gear. Luckily I was ready for it and on flat ground so was able to clutch back up quick.

What causes that? Anything I can adjust to keep it from happening again? Its sad how much I rely on that light. (I'm a fairly new rider)

Comment

It's also fun when you get it in neutral, then the light turns green and you dont push down hard enough to get into first and you sit there rev'n up your engine in neutral wondering why you arent going anywhere

Comment

Working...
          X