X
X

HOW TO PUT BIKE ON CENTERSTAND

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm with Victor... I feel like a b$@ch! I can't get it either... HELP!!!
    2000 Katana 600 (Sold )
    2008 GSXR 600

Comment

Alright , someone send me a video camera . I'll record my little sister doin' it . She's all of 5'5" and 100lbs . Okay , so she can't QUITE get it up there , but she can ALMOST .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Do they still make the kind that take film?
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

If someone SENDS me a camera ..... Jeez , pay attention ! Otherwise I might have to dig out an old reel to reel .

Comment

Awesome, I got it to work...now um, how do I bring it back down? lol
            Just remember: Satan loves you

Comment

Seriously, how do you bring it down?

I get on the bike, standing on my feet and push it forward. It comes down, but I'm afraid it'll drop and cause a domino effect to the other bikes I park next to! I don't know if I wanna try bring it down from the side (reverse), that sounds even more unstable!
              Just remember: Satan loves you

Comment

Has it been on the stand for a month?

Anyway sit astride the bike ready to apply the front brake. Push firmly, smoothly, foward on the handlebars, as the bike goes over center it will start to move foward on its own. Apply the front brakes, then slowly release to let the bike come down gently. As a final step when it is almost completely down I put my left foot over the centerstand foot pad to stop it from snapping back up.

Edit: I should add that I'm able to put both feet down when stradling it on the center stand, your mileage may vary.

Comment

I don't sit on the bike to bring it off the stand. Smashed me nuts one time that way. Stand on the left side and pull backwards. Use the front brake to control the decent.
                  -Steve

sigpic
                  Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                  Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

thanks for the original post the info was very helpful. I was my right hand to steady the rear and just pull the left bar and push the center stand down no problem. Then again I have tree trunks for legs. Would it be better to use a little more of the right hand rather than all leg??

Cheers,
                    go ahead and ruck it!!!

Comment

Hey , if you get it up there and it ain't too much trouble , I'd say that's just fine .

Comment

Tree trunk legs or not,
                        I have found that by applying just a bit of upward pressure under the tiedown bars, while pulling a bit on the left handle bar, while appling downward pressure on the centre stand, usually allows the bike to nearly "Jump" in to position.

"Speed Junkie Since 1975"

Comment

YOu know Bobkat your way is prob easier on the legs, back, and bike. I just wanted to get some posts on the subject none since sept and I thought using a vain post of "look mom no hands, just legs" would get some chatter going again.
                          Speed Junkie since 1975 does that mean you are an older Kat rider I was 3 in 1975. I have so much to learn!!!!! thanks for the replies

Cheers,
                          go ahead and ruck it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rugby01
                            Speed Junkie since 1975 does that mean you are an older Kat rider I was 3 in 1975. I have so much to learn!!!!! thanks for the replies

Cheers,
                            Actually, I got my first bike in '75.

I was......cough......twelve.

Then

Now

BTW, the Kat morphed into a Gixxer, earlier this Spring. 8)
                            "Speed Junkie Since 1975"

Comment

Doesn't look like a video has been posted yet, so here's a nice demo of a Virago being put on the centerstand. Easy as pie.

Comment

Yeah , EXACT same way you do with a Katana .Perhaps someone can stick that link somewhere for future referance ......

Comment

Working...
                                X