X
X

HOW TO PUT BIKE ON CENTERSTAND

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOW. i feel dumb now. i had my roomate pushing the bike from the front lol. i walked out after reading this while they were smoking and put it on the center stand and they just stopped talking and stared at me lol.. THANKS

Comment

• reason why im here

Great tip !!!! save alot of energy trying to power lift the bike ... much appreciated

Comment

• Used to kill myself trying to do it (obviously the wrong way!). Read the post last week, went to my buddy's house the next day where my bike is it, tried this out, and wow. Like an epiphany or something! Genius, thanks for posting. This is great info.

Comment

• No joke...that was probably the best "trick" I've learned so far. I had to see it in person though (thanks Cheriff).

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
          -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

• is standing next to the bike the only way anyone can do it......i found it was alot easier to stand on it and push the front forward while holding the brake in and pulling back...it goes up easy everytime

Comment

• i have trouble putting my on stand

Comment

• Originally posted by fubared View Post
                i have trouble putting my on stand
                Then either it's been lowered , or you ain't doin it right .
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

• Originally posted by md86 View Post
                  Then either it's been lowered , or you ain't doin it right .

http://www.doingitwrong.com/

Just made me think of this...Only like the zillionth time it's been posted, but whatev.

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
                  -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

• Originally posted by Junior View Post
                    Does this procedure work if you're left handed?
                    Yup .. i'm left handed .. it's always the same because you ALWAYS raise the bike from the left side

Comment

• The kicker for me was when I figured out that it HAS to be in neutral to get it on the center stand easily, otherwise you're fighting the back wheel which doesn't want to turn.

I've put the bike on the center stand with it in gear but it takes some work. With it in neutral is easy.

Comment

• cant do it!

I tried ur tried and true method....... no go! bike wont even begin to come up on stand. as far as left hand on handle bars, how do u lift 400 pnd bike up with arms spread apart so far. I am sure I am missing somethig here but I don,t really want to drop my bike and it sure feels like i am going to. Please help!!

Comment

• I'm dumb, as the previous poster.. once in a while I hit the gear selector and it's in gear.. makes it a billion times harder.

I put my full weight onto the centerstand so I'm in the air, and grab onto the tie down/passenger peg support on the frame and pull up. It slides into place then.. slowly.. As long as you have your whole weight on the centerstand it won't flop to the other side unless you fall over

Comment

• Your weight on your foot pushing down on the lever that sticks off the center stand should be doing most of the work. Your arms help stabilize and roll the bike back.

Remember, most of the lifting is done by putting your weight on that lever arm. Your arms assist a little bit, but mainly roll the bike back.

Comment

• tried this procedure still had no luck.........what the hell am i missing!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jksweet View Post
                                tried this procedure still had no luck.........what the hell am i missing!!!!!!!!
                                Patience ~

Keep trying, it's a 500lb bike, she is not going to do it for you.
                                Just think about this ....
                                If you are having trouble getting her on the center stand, just imagine how hard it will be to get her off the ground if she ever goes over.

Take your time and learn how to do it.
                                I am 145 lbs and can do it on my 750, both centerstand and on the downside.

All you want to know is right here ~

Comment

Working...
                                X