X

HOW TO PUT BIKE ON CENTERSTAND

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by md86 View Post
    I guess it's something someone would have to SHOW you . Maybe I'll do that sometime ......
    I will absolutely be open to tips and tricks from more experienced riders such as yourself MD... Perhaps I will be lucky enough to attend the KatRiders annual ride and I can watch you in person! (Of course I will be easily recognizable as the guy drooling from under the helmet at everyone else's bikes and gear...)

(No wait, I will be easily recognizable because I will be the retard rocking back and forth on my centerstand at the first group stop when everyone else has resumed their travels because I got dared to put it up on the centerstand...

My 1st bike & 3rd Child: Midnight Blue 2005 Kat 750

(Something for the faster-moving projectile fan in us all:
    http://blutube.policeone.com/Clip.as...4238689A5F27F0 )

Comment

Comment

• HOLY **** IT WORKED!!! Not as easy as you made it sound, but def. easier than my old method of mounting it and trying to pull up a wheelie
        I am King Sam

--I have a wedgie!
        --It's a thong, just relax and accept the string.

Comment

• at 99lbs, i can almost get the bike up on the center stand. the bike does lift off the ground but the stand slides around on the smooth concrete garage floor. on pavement, i can get it by jumping on the lever. i always wait until nobody is watching because it must look awkward.

Comment

• thanks!
            helped a lot
            Last edited by cneels; 01-01-2009, 09:01 PM. Reason: spelling error
            2007 Honda cbr125r
            1998 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

• Originally posted by XKillerEliteX
              and the most important is when pulling the handlebars back towards you AT THE SAME TIME PUSH UP ON THE REAR TAIL using the luggage handles or if you have an undertail like me pull up on the grab bar. The rear tail is where most the work is just give it a try

I hope my pointer helps. I'm sure you'll find other posts and you-tube videos on this just do a search
              YOU DON'T PULL THE BARS BACK
              geez....if you are going to confuse people and give bad advice....start your own thread

maybe you should go back and read the ORIGINAL POST, then the hundreds of replies that say it works.

Comment

• Posted to the wiki
                -Steve

sigpic
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

• Originally posted by Range View Post
                  YOU DON'T PULL THE BARS BACK
                  geez....if you are going to confuse people and give bad advice....start your own thread

maybe you should go back and read the ORIGINAL POST, then the hundreds of replies that say it works.

Deleted post dont wanna confuse people, didnt realize you started this thread

Comment

• I tried it,and it works.......Thanks!!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndID=107018844
                    http://www.youtube.com/user/neoshifter

Genesis 9:6
                    Whosoever sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed......RIP Daniel A. Mguire,you'll always be in my heart brother.

Comment

• Centerstand and lowering links

Not sure if this is the right post, but since centerstand is the topic...I just got my replacement centerstand (thanks CP!). Now I know why the previous owner removed it, he/she installed a lowering kit. This causes the center stand to bump against the lowering link when it’s up. The side stand was also modified to make the bike stand correctly - the stand was heated and bent. Half assed mods... could have replaced with aftermarket adjustable side stand.
                      I also am wondering if this lowering of the bike is what making it so hard to get up on the centerstand since you are starting at a different angle - its harder than my wing or any other bike I've owned...
                      Thinking that for my riding type I won’t need the lowering kit, I am considering a couple of options.
                      1) Replace the lowering link with the factory one. If anyone has one lying around, I'd be interested in it - trade to sell.
                      2) Cut off the bottom whole as I don’t believe Ill be using it - as I understand it, this will lower the bike ever more. Right? But I am not sure if this will be enough for the stand to com up all the way to its resting position.
                      3) Extend the stop bumper on the exhaust so that the center stand stop before touching the lowering links.
                      Feedback, ideas?

Thanks.
                      sunnyorlando

1/22 - Issue resolved... posted in http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.p...ewpost&t=92644
                      Last edited by sunnyorlando; 01-22-2009, 10:12 AM. Reason: added text
                      sunnyorlando ...
                      '08 Bandit 1250 S
                      '05 Goldwing (;>>)

Comment

• ...and I've been using my right leg all along...

Comment

• my center stand is in a box...

guy i bought bike from doesn't like them.

Comment

• Newbie with a motorcycle here...THANKS!!!
                            Car please stop wasting my time and use your blinker!

Comment

• it works i droped my bike like 2x before i did this

Comment

• I just got my first bike, an 03 Katana 600. I can verify that this technique works since I, a completely new rider, can do it.

Comment

Working...
                                X