X

Corner entry line choice question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corner entry line choice question

I ride in Colorado and I love it. We had a rainy summer into September which left a lot of corners with dirt and rocks. Now we get sand whenever it snows so it is getting even worse.
    Here is my question.
    What are some thoughts as to corner entry line choices? This is for turns that you cannot see through. As far as you know there will be enough dirt in the corner that you are committed to you line choice.
    It seems that the line that usually goes away (gets dirtier through the corner) is the inside line. I have been entering in the outside line because it seems to stay cleaner and gives me a better view around the turn. the big drawback is the possibility of a car cutting over.
    Thanks

In conditions as you describe where the road is potentially 'dirty' or wet, or both, I try and pick out the lines created by the tires of cars ahead of me as they will be a little drier and a little cleaner.

I am UK based so drive on the left hand side. When I say center line I mean the middle division between on-going traffic and on-coming traffic.

On a turn to the right, if I have good sight through and beyond the corner I will take the inside line (tire track) close to the center line as gives me more room for run off, if there is no line of sight I will slow down and take the outside line.

On a left turn, in all but good conditions I will take the outside line. Outside being the verge-side.
    Last edited by default; 11-10-2013, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by default View Post
      In conditions as you describe where the road is potentially 'dirty' or wet, or both, I try and pick out the lines created by the tires of cars ahead of me as they will be a little drier and a little cleaner.

I am UK based so drive on the left hand side. When I say center line I mean the middle division between on-going traffic and on-coming traffic.

On a turn to the right, if I have good sight through and beyond the corner I will take the inside line (tire track) close to the center line as gives me more room for run off, if there is no line of sight I will slow down and take the outside line.

On a left turn, in all but good conditions I will take the outside line. Outside being the verge-side.
      True. I also try to stay on the line of a Car. You can kinda tell when a car with good tires has went through, same thing in the rain.
      I don't see any problem with straying toward the outside, just stay on the look out for other cars... If that's what keeps you out of debris way, theres no problem with it.

Comment

Working...
      X