No announcement yet.
X

Buying tips?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you get it? Thinking about upgrading to a GSX-R my self. Want to keep the kat for longer rides and get a Gixxer for more aggressive riding. If you don't mind let me know what it looked like, miles, and what you paid. If you don't want it public you can always PM me, or if you don't want to share at all, I also understand.

Thanks!
    - Josh

2003 Suzuki Katana 600, Two Brothers Carbon Fiber exhaust, plasti dipped black and green (almost). I live and ride in Upstate NY.

Comment

Originally posted by rottenpixies View Post
      Did you get it? Thinking about upgrading to a GSX-R my self. Want to keep the kat for longer rides and get a Gixxer for more aggressive riding. If you don't mind let me know what it looked like, miles, and what you paid. If you don't want it public you can always PM me, or if you don't want to share at all, I also understand.

Thanks!

It is a BEAUTIFUL upgrade lol. so smooth and so much more power.
      beautiful condition, few scratches here and there nothing serious. 9K miles and I paid 3k. needs fluids all changed and the tires are toast..
      put over 250 miles on it the first two days but put it away until next year once ive gone thru the fluids and tires

Comment

I don't condone pegging the bike on the rev limiter for no reason, and especially not when the bike is cold, but high-rpm use isn't what i consider "abuse." The rev limiter exists to prevent over-revving. Making it do its job every so often isn't a deal-breaker for me.

I would be more concerned with the current state of the engine oil (clean good. Black as your soul, bad) and other things that are symptomatic of neglect.
        -Chris
        **if what I said can be taken two ways, and one of them offends you, I meant it the other way.

Comment

Working...
        X