X

mpg?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stumpy View Post
    Wish I got near that! 31mpg is all I'm getting at the moment on a 2 mile there-and-back commute
    One thing I noticed with an O2 meter fitted is just how long these things take to warm up and run constantly and efficiently ... anything up to 10 minutes depending on ambient temperature. On a 2 mile commute, your Kat would never reach an efficient operating temperature so 31 MPG is possibly not an indication something is wrong.

Comment

yea your spark plugs prolly barely get to full temperature in those 2 miles stumpy lol
      94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
        Seriously...... buy a moped with better mpg...... nothing comes alive on a Kat or my current ride unless it's over 7G. I'm not sure of other riders, but to me, riding is a form of stress-relief. Fuck the mpg..... the rush is better.
        I would have to agree with this statement^^^^^^^^^^^
        While riding the last concern is mpg's, I just fill when the girl gets thirsty
        2002 750 Kat
        2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
        2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
        2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
        1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
        2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

Having bought my bike to replace the majority of the driving with a vehicle that is averaging 11 MPG, I will gladly take whatever the Katana will give me.
          First motorcycle - new project
          1992 Suzuki GSX600F Katana

Comment

I am pretty consistently averaging 43mpg and about 175 miles per tank (4 gal fillups). I commute about 60 miles every (nice-ish) day...mostly highway, but it's the stop and go Denver is famous for. I tend to shift at 4k-6k, but at least 2-3 times per week, I get on it (ya just gotta!) and at times I get on it HARD (110-120mph is NOT uncommon). This is on a 00 750. Still, FAR better than my 95 Cherokee, which is what I was after, and better than the 30mpg when I first got it running.

Comment

I use an app call acar to tell me my mpg and keep track of expense and other records. I get average between 47-50 mpg. If i'm in suburbs of atl riding I can get 200 miles to a tank of gas. ride a 97 kat 600
              Last edited by Jreid843; 08-28-2013, 01:27 PM. Reason: added bike i ride

Comment

I don't keep track of my gas millage , its a 1100 .
                its more fun than a barrel of monkeys..lol

Comment

Originally posted by loneraider View Post
                  I don't keep track of my gas millage , its a 1100 .
                  its more fun than a barrel of monkeys..lol
                  lol I bet.

Comment

well after putting the new emgo air filter on this am I rode to work 50 miles an only burned a 1/4 tank! Quite a difference, my wallet is happier without sacrificing the joy my wrist gets

Comment

Originally posted by crazycraven420 View Post
                      well after putting the new emgo air filter on this am I rode to work 50 miles an only burned a 1/4 tank! Quite a difference, my wallet is happier without sacrificing the joy my wrist gets
                      Link to filter?

Comment

its an oem style replacement..

an with shipping its half the cost of Suzuki brand

I knew I needed a new filter but didnt realize how bad until I put the new one in
                        Last edited by crazycraven420; 08-29-2013, 11:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by crazycraven420 View Post
                          its an oem style replacement..

an with shipping its half the cost of Suzuki brand

I knew I needed a new filter but didnt realize how bad until I put the new one in
                          Thanks! I know it's easy to search for, but I wanted the place you bought it from. I have other stuff to order from BB so will add this to the list. Thanks!

Comment

no problem, I get everything from bikebandit.com or motosport.com.

Comment

I haven't kept track in the past year or so, but I averaged 40 mpg for a while. When I consistently accelerated fast, I dropped down to 38mpg. Being easy on the throttle, I got up to 42 mpg. On a roadtrip where I spent the entire tank on the highway, I got up to 48 mpg with full saddlebags and backpack.

I usually try to fill up every 100 to 130 miles, but I can get about 160 miles without going to reserve.

Comment

Since I got all the vacuum leaks fixed and re-synced it I've been hitting 45mpg pretty consistently. Its mostly commuter miles but I don't consciously try to ride conservatively, I'll spin the right hand when given the chance.

Too much fun to not do it!

Normally hit reserve at 140-145 miles or so, try to refill by 180, have never but in more than 4.5 gallons.
                                Last edited by skjeflo; 09-17-2013, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X