'02 Suzuki Katana 600

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '02 Suzuki Katana 600

Hi Guys!

I've been viewing the forum for quite a bit, but I thought it was time for my first post! As my title tells I have an '02 katana 600. Its yellow and black, had some custom paint work done due to the previous owner messing up the fairings a bit. I have a D&D exhaust, aftermarket black levers, had a full synthetic oil change done, and run premium fuel through it. My question is what would be best to enhance my bike? I am unsure of what additions are good for my Katana. Just want to have the best ride I can. Thank you in advance! I'd really appreciate the help!

Welcome to KR
    2002 GSXF 750

Comment

Thanks a lot! Glad to see there is a community of Katana riders out there.. Hoping for some help from seasoned veterans.

Comment

A custom seat is a good start
        I'm outa here

Comment

The seat is rather comfortable, but hey it can get better?? Would you suggest a good kind? Or maybe a good choice between gel seats and foam seats?

Comment

Mods would depend on whether you want comfort or power. Or are you after both?

Either way, no need to run premium gas, these bikes were designed to run on regular (87)
            1998 Katana 750
            1992 Katana 1100
            2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

I guess I could say I am looking for both. I like to have the power because I do highway riding and to add I'm about 6' 4" 220lbs, so comfort is nice as well! & thank you for letting me know that, I wasn't sure about fuel because a lot of the experienced riders around me have newer, nicer bikes that I would assume require that better fuel.

Comment

Any suggestions on custom seating or where to get it? Mine is so uncomfrotable to ride wiht a passenger because of the design of the seat on my '03 katana 600
                - Josh

2003 Suzuki Katana 600, Two Brothers Carbon Fiber exhaust, plasti dipped black and green (almost). I live and ride in Upstate NY.

Comment

Corbin is the way to go for custom seats.
                  Getting new springs for the front and swapping the rear suspension out for something else are common upgrades that people around here do. I know they improve performance, might help with comfort a bit.
                  1998 Katana 750
                  1992 Katana 1100
                  2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Originally posted by rottenpixies View Post
                    Any suggestions on custom seating or where to get it? Mine is so uncomfrotable to ride wiht a passenger because of the design of the seat on my '03 katana 600

While the seat isn't great, this would lead me to believe you need to train your passenger how to ride. They have their own seat and shouldn't be causing you any discomfort at all.

Krey
                    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
                    X